With SQL Sentry collect and present the most actionable performance metrics and alerts, see important events and cross-reference them using an Outlook-style calendar. Quickly resolve issues by doing detailed analysis in the same tool you use for monitoring and alerting.
- High-impact query analysis: Quickly identify the highest-impact queries and target them for tuning.
- Integrated query tuning with Plan Explorer: Tune high-impact queries and plan a successful indexing strategy using the query plan captured at the time of execution.
- 100+ built-in alerrting condtitions: Learn about potential problems before users do by using dozens of built-in alerting conditions that cover everything from server outages to long-running jobs and queries.
- Real-time and historical performance metrics: Perform root cause analysis on performance bottlenecks, even if they happened days or weeks ago.
- Logically presented, actionable information: Cut through the noise of thousands of possible metrics to see the most relevant and actionable information.
- Performance overview and detail: Get an overview of the entire estate so you can quickly report on overall health and decide whether deeper analysis is necessary.
- Index size, fragmentation and usage analysis: Find out when and how to perform defragmentation operations, when to adjust fill factors or when an index definition should be changed. Perform automated maintenance, view historical trends.
- Visual deadlock analysis: Visualise a deadlock event, including the numbered order of operations, lock types and the associated query text for each process involved in the deadlock.
- Automated index defragmentation: Automate index defragmentation across the entire estate using well-known best practices. Run multiple defrag threads at the same time. Visualise the impact of fragmentation and defragmentation over time.
SQL Safe Backup - Features
High Performance Backup and Recovery
- Provides state-of-the-art compression, through IntelliCompress technology, that continually samples the data and automatically selects the best method from over 20 approaches.
- Provides built-in encryption with user-selectable encryption algorithms (DES, Triple DES, RC2 and Rijndael), enabling you to select the optimum approach to meet security and performance requirements.
- Offers innovative IntelliRestore graphical point-in-time recovery. Using a sliding time scale, choose a point in time, and SQLsafe will automatically assemble all the backup components necessary to restore the database to the specified point in time.
- Eliminates risk and increases performance by running as a separate process outside the SQL Server process space. SQLsafe does not install any additional databases, DLLs, scripts, stored procedures or tables on the SQL Server instances.
- Provides parallel execution of backup and restore operations, enabling multiple SQL Servers to be backed up or restored concurrently.
Enterprise Management Features
- Provides a central enterprise console with real-time monitoring of current backup and restore operations as well as historical backup and restore information.
- All backup and restore information is stored in a central repository to enable full auditing of backup history across the enterprise.
- Provides the option to define backup policies for your environment, which allow you to automate a backup schedule across servers and databases and monitor backup jobs to ensure they are executed as specified.
- Provides a Web console that enables DBAs and Operators to remotely monitor backup and recovery activity in real time and browse historical data in the SQLsafe repository.
- Provides a comprehensive catalog of customizable reports delivered using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Provides an interface to IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) for permanent, state-of-the-art storage of SQLsafe backup files.
- Provides conversion of existing SQL Server maintenance plans to perform SQLsafe backups.
- Provides multiple interfaces enterprise console, command-line and XSP.
SQL Safe Backup - System Requirements
Management Console, Management Server and Data Repository
- Windows 2000 SP3+, Windows XP (all service packs), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit, all service packs)
- Microsoft .NET 2.0
- Repository: SQL Server 2000 (all versions and service packs, 32- & 64-bit), SQL Server 2005 (all versions and service packs, 32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 2000 SP3+, Windows XP (all service packs, 32- and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (all service packs, 32- and 64-bit);
- 32-bit backup agent on x64 platform is not supported
- Microsoft .NET 2.0
Supported SQL Server Environments (for backup and recovery)
- SQL Server 7.0 SP4, MSDE 2000 SP3+, SQL Server 2000 (all versions and service packs, 32- and 64-bit), SQL Server 2005 Express, SQL Server 2005 (all versions and service packs, 32- and 64-bit)
Supported TSM Environments
- TSM Client version 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, TSM Server 5.2, 5.3
- SQLsafe does not require the installation of any additional databases, DLLs, scripts, stored procedures or tables on the SQL Server instances.