SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM) delivers powerful application and server monitoring capabilities for IT pros, enabling them to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues faster. Do not let slow applications and downtime impact your end-users and business services. Pinpoint the root cause of application issues across various layers of the IT stack. SolarWinds SAM is affordable and easy to deploy, use and customise. You can automatically discover your systems environment and start monitoring in about an hour. No professional services or consultation needed.
SolarW inds SAM is par t of the SolarW inds Orion line of IT management sof t ware. SAM seamlessly integrates with other Orion products, including Network Performance Monitor, Virtualisation Manager, Storage Resource Monitor and Web Performance Monitor for unified IT monitoring.
Server and Application Monitor benefits:
- Out-of-the-box monitoring templates for 200+ enterprise applications.
- Extend monitoring to virtually any custom or home-grown applications.
- Isolate root cause of issues by visualising application relationship with underlying infrastructure layers.
- Monitor server hardware health, perform capacity forecasting and manage asset inventory.
- Remediate server issues remotely with built-in troubleshooting tools.
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor - Features
- Automatic application discovery and dependency mapping: Download, install, automatically discover your environment and start monitoring in about an hour. No professional services required
- Pre-packaged alerts and reports: Eliminate false positives with intelligent baseline alerting. Easily customise built-in alerts and reports as needed
- One Web interface: Powerful and easy-to-use monitoring for multi-vendor servers running Windows or Linux and over 200 applications out of the box
- Monitor applications in public, private and hybrid cloud environments: Your choice of agent-based or agentless monitoring. Agents allow monitoring in cloud, hybrid and remote environments
- Extensive customisation, power to monitor what you want, how you want: Modify built-in templates by importing your existing custom scripts and Nagios scripts to monitor custom applications
- Built on the extensible SolarWinds Orion Platform: Add modules as your needs grow into an integrated and scalable platform for network, virtualisation, storage or web performance monitoring
- Monitor applications quickly: Use built-in monitoring templates for 200+ applications (Windows, Linux, Citrix, AD, Java and more). Select the required applications, apply templates and start monitoring immediately
- Free monitoring templates from SolarWinds online community: Leverage the wealth of 800+ custom monitoring templates available on SolarWinds online community, thwack
- Application dependency mapping with underlying IT infrastructure: With the AppStack dashboard you can quickly pinpoint the root cause of application issues within physical and virtual server environments. Identify where application issues originate in just a few seconds
- Centralised IT asset inventory management: Automatically discover and remotely manage hardware and software asset information on all servers and workstations. No more manual tracking with spreadsheets
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor - System Requirements
Hard Drive: 4GB
.NET Framework: .NET 4.5 required
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2
Database: Supports Express, Standard, or Enterprise versions of the following:
- SQL Server 2008, 2008 SP1, 2008 SP2, 2008 SP3, or 2008 SP4
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2008 R2 SP1, 2008 R2 SP2, or 2008 R2 SP3
- SQL Server 2012, 2012 SP1, 2012 SP2, or 2012 SP3
- SQL Server 2014, or 2014 SP1
- SQL Server 2016
Web Server: Microsoft IIS, version 7.5 and higher, in 32bit mode
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 or later with Active scripting
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox version 38 or later
- Google Chrome version 51 or later
- Safari for iPhone
Note: These are minimum system requirements. See the Getting Started Guide for specifications for production environments.