Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: DTSEARCH
The dtSearch product line can instantly search terabytes of text across a desktop, network, Internet or Intranet site.
dtSearch products also serve as tools for publishing, with instant text searching, large data collections to Web sites or portable media.
Developers can embed dtSearch’s instant searching and file format support into their own applications.
dtSearch - FeaturesThe dtSearch product line can instantly search terabytes of text across a desktop, network, Internet or Intranet site. dtSearch products also serve as tools for publishing, with instant text searching, large document collections to Web sites or CD/DVDs.
- Over two dozen indexed, unindexed, fielded and full-text search options
- Highlights hits in HTML, XML and PDF while displaying embedded links, formatting and images
- Converts other file types - word processor, database, spreadsheet, email and full-text of email attachments, ZIP and unicode - to HTML for display with highlighted hits
- Built-in Spider adds local or remote web sites (including dynamically-generated content) to your searchable database.
dtSearch Desktop provides instant searching of desktop-accessible files.
dtSearch Desktop features include:
- A scrolling word list, for instant feedback as you type in a search
- A look-up word feature, detailing the effect of fuzzy, phonic, wildcard, stemming and thesaurus search options
- Browse and customize thesaurus options
- A field button, showing all indexed document fields
- A search history display
- Search reports, showing hits in retrieved documents, along with the requested amount of context
- Clipboard options, file launching, and other tools for working with retrieved data
- eExporting of search results in various data formats, for easy use with other programs
- Special forensic indexing and searching tools.
dtSearch Network allows for instant text and field searches across an enterprise network
- The ability to provide different users with access to different sets of continually updated data
- Concurrent indexing and searching using multiple shared index libraries
- Integration with the Windows Task Scheduler for scheduling index updates
- Options packages for conveniently using and sharing dtSearch settings on a network
- Support for heterogeneous language environments for international organizations and other mixed-language network users (including Unicode support)
- UNC support
- Numerous index management functions
- Shared capabilities such as for macros and shared synonym rings in the user thesaurus
- Optional file segmentation for the treatment of long text files as multiple logical subdocuments, for older legacy data or other long text files such as logs
- Optional sharing of indexes with dtSearch Web and dtSearch Text Retrieval Engine.
dtSearch Spider is a dtSearch Desktop, Network and Web feature that extends a "local" search to a remote Web site.
- Operating through dtSearch Web, the Spider can expand the scope of the searchable database beyond a site's own data to content on a third-party Web site
- Operating through dtSearch Desktop and dtSearch Network, the Spider can expand the scope of the searchable database beyond a local or local area network database to Web site content
- The Spider can index and search publicly available sites, secure content HTTPS sites, and password-accessible sites. The Spider also supports forms-based authentication
- A single search request can return fully-integrated search results, spanning local and remote content, including:
- hit-highlighted display of Web-ready file types such as HTML, PDF and XML, including display of images, formatting and links
- conversion of other file types ("Office," Unicode, ZIP, etc.) to HTML for browser display with highlighted hits
- support for dynamically-generated content (ASP.NET, MS CMS, SharePoint, etc.) with highlighted hits
- The Spider can perform "vertical" searching of pages linked from a URL, as well as "horizontal" crawling of sites linked to a URL
- The Spider can limit indexed data by file size, file number and time on a Web site.
The dtSearch Text Retrieval Engine lets developers quickly add dtSearch's text search and retrieval to applications.
- The dtSearch Engine provides access to dtSearch indexed and unindexed search options and hit highlighted file display features
- The dtSearch Engine includes HTML file converters for a broad range of file types no need to separately license file format support
- dtSearch Engine offers extensive support for existing fields in documents, as well as support for adding on-the-fly classification information and other fields to documents during indexing. Click here for white paper
- A "data source" API supports SQL, ADO.NET and COM data
- The dtSearch Engine for Win and .NET includes sample code and support for C++, C++.NET, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Delphi, Java, and more (including thread-safe operation)
- The dtSearch Engine for Linux provides C++ and Java programmer access.
dtSearch Publish lets you quickly publish an instantly searchable document collection to CD or DVD, or mirror an existing Web site on CD or DVD.
- Creates a searchable CD or DVD with a simple wizard-based setup
- For end-users, running the CD or DVD requires NO INSTALLATION on the users hard drive
- Because the dtSearch Publish setup actually runs dtSearch Web on the CD or DVD, all dtSearch Web features (other than the Spider) are applicable to dtSearch Publish
- While highly customizable, dtSearch Publish also includes access to the dtSearch Text Retrieval Engine programming API, as an alternative to the CD/DVD wizard.
dtSearch - System RequirementsWhat file formats does dtSearch support?
dtSearch can automatically recognize, index, search and display documents, including graphic marking of hits and multiple hit and file navigation options. HTML and PDF documents appear with all formatting and embedded images and links intact, exactly as in the original document. dtSearch developer product can display XML files with XSL formatting. dtSearch converts other file types to HTML for display with highlighted hits. dtSearch uses its own built-in file viewers for document parsing and display, unless otherwise noted.
While extensions are provided to identify some file formats, dtSearch generally does not rely on extensions to detect file formats. For example, a Word document named "sample.mp3" would still be identified as a Word document.