dbForge Studio for Oracle is a powerful integrated development environment (IDE) which helps Oracle developers to increase PL/SQL coding speed, provides versatile data editing tools for managing in-database and external data. This tool allows to synchronise data between different Oracle servers and automate schema change management process during development. It also adds lots of features wrapped into a smooth management GUI consistent with Microsoft Visual Studio.
dbForge Studio for Oracle is available in two editions:
- Professional edition is an ultimate package for enterprise-level project management that provides the following functionality: database projects framework, database change management with help of database comparison and synchronisation tools, complex queries creating, master-detail data browser, data analysis and reporting tools, tasks automation through the command line.
- Standard edition extends the Express edition's functionality with Pivot Table Designer, PL/SQL Debugger, Query Profiler, advanced Coding Assistance features and database search options. Moreover, this edition includes enhanced Query Builder, Data Export/Import features and command-line interface for data reporting.
- PL/SQL coding assistant: Automatic code completion in PL/SQL editor, Code snippets, Quick information on schema objects, Document outline for navigation, Smart PL/SQL formatter.
- Database Project: Database project greatly helps you facilitate your database development
- Oracle Database Management: When modifying Oracle database structure, transferring data between servers, analysing differences between databases.
- Object Manager: Database objects are displayed as a tree in Database Explorer. To edit any object, you can call the corresponding visual editor from this window.
- Oracle PL/SQL Debugger:The Oracle debugger serves for step-by-step execution of stored program units and SQL scripts. Oracle developers can edit, compile, run and debug PL/SQL code easily. They can use breakpoints, evaluate and modify variables in the Watches window and analyse the currently active stack of your PL/SQL program calls in the Call Stack window.
- Query Builder: Create complex queries visually without effort. The tool allows you to design SELECT statements with multiple tables, joins and complex subqueries without manual typing of code. Just drag-and-drop required objects onto a visual designer to generate SQL statements.
- Query Profiler: Improve multi-second queries using Oracle SQL Profiler. The tool helps you detect problems and optimise SQL queries via GUI. Profiler
- Schema Import/Export: Export full schema structure or selected schema objects, copy database objects using schema export/import wizards. and
- Database Administration: Tools for Oracle administration and management
- Database Designer: Enjoy oracle database design. Use database diagram for creating, analysing, reverse-engineering, printing and customising your Oracle databases. and
- Import/Export Data: Export and import Oracle data for filling databases. dbForge Studio can export data to 11 popular formats and import it from 8 formats. Oracle import and export processes are customisable and can be automated via the command-line interface. and
- Report and Analysis: Data analysis and reporting are performed with the help of oracle reporting tools, data reports, pivot tables and viewing master-detail relations. Comprehensive wizards and tools can display data as charts and tables and provide means for adjusting data layout, grouping, sorting, etc.