The Altova Work in Process (WIP) XBRL add-in for Excel makes it easy for contractors to submit WIP reports to sureties in a valid XBRL format simply by entering the information into a spreadsheet in Excel. With a build-in toolbar ribbon and Document Actions pane, the add-in provides all the guidance you'll need to quickly build reports in Excel for submitting WIP XBRL data to sureties and other stakeholders.
WIP XBRL add-in Highlights:
- Contractors create XBRL directly in Excel
- No technical XBRL expertise is required
- Excel template makes it easy to enter WIP data
- Export XBRL button generates WIP XBRL data
- Import XBRL button imports WIP XBRL data into Excel
- Document Actions pane assists with data entry
- Report Properties entry-helper includes property descriptions
- Cell Documentation window provides useful information about cell contents
- Data validation with comprehensive messaging about errors and inconsistencies
Altova Work in Process (WIP) XBRL Add-In for Excel - Features
- Contractors Create WIP XBRL in Excel: The Work in Process (WIP) XBRL add-in for Excel makes it easy for contractors to build XBRL WIP reports in Excel. After installing the add-in once, you'll have access to a feature-rich Excel template with preset rows and columns, as well as a helpful Document Actions entry-helper pane to guide you while entering your WIP report.
- Import WIP XBRL: It's just as easy to import existing WIP XBRL reports into Excel for easy analysis. Just click the Import XBRL button and browse to select the XBRL instance file you wish to import. Once the data is in Excel, it's easy to view, understand and/or re-use.
- Export WIP XBRL: Once your report is complete in Excel, simply click the Export XBRL button and the add-in will generate a valid WIP XBRL document for submission to sureties. No technical XBRL expertise is required to get your data into a valid XBRL format according to the WIP Taxonomy!
- Easy Data Re-Use: The information you put into the WIP XBRL template can come from any of your existing spreadsheets via Excel formulas. Or, you can use this spreadsheet can replace your previous tracking spreadsheets and you can simply update the information on a quarterly basis going forward.
Altova Work in Process (WIP) XBRL Add-In for Excel - System Requirements
32- vs. 64-bit Software
The 64-bit version of our software requires a 64-bit operating system (e.g. a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, or Windows Server 2003-2012) to operate, whereas the 32-bit version of our software can be used on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows and intend to work with large XML documents, then the 64-bit version of our software is right for you. However, database drivers and other issues may influence your decision to use the 32 or 64-bit version.
If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, or Server 2003) then you must download the 32-bit version of our software.