Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Altova MobileTogether Server
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: MOBILETOGE
- MPN: Altova
MobileTogether Server is the back-end hub for your mobile app and acts as a gateway between mobile users and your back-end data sources and infrastructure. In typical enterprise solutions it also provides user authentication; user, role and device management; solution distribution; and all of the connectivity to your in-house data sources, including sophisticated cache control options. Internal clients, e.g., in enterprise deployments, can connect to your MobileTogether Server directly, whereas external mobile clients typically connect via an SSL tunnel through your firewall.
For AppStore app deployment scenarios or if your enterprise IT has already made the migration to the cloud, you can choose deploy MobileTogether Server into a private cloud infrastructure or host it in a public cloud environment, such as AWS or Azure.
- Install on premises or in the cloud
- Provides connectivity to back end data sources
- Delivers high-performance data processing
- Sophisticated cache control options
- Integrates seamlessly with other Altova automation servers
- Choose from among 12 different user-role privileges
- Set standards for containers, design fields and security
- Adjustable severity settings in Log View
Altova MobileTogether Server - Features
- Security Features: When an administrator first connects to the MobileTogether Server, security features will be initiated so that your data will be protected.
- Server Settings: You can customise installation of the MobileTogether Server based on your organisation's needs and preferences. The server administrator determines the host settings, the administrator and client ports, SSL certificates and more.
- Global Resources: Global Resources in MobileTogether allow you to easily specify different database server names, file locations or other configuration-specific parameters in a way that lets you easily switch from a development to a production system and you can do that independently for each mobile solution.
- Log View: This portal allows the administrator to view any action that has transpired on the server since its installation. It's easy to configure log time frames and severity settings to zero-in on events that are most critical to the server.
- Performance: MobileTogether Server increases the speed and performance of mobile devices running your app by doing all of the heavy lifting for handling complex queries and calculations. The results are then displayed on the mobile app much faster. This allows the end user's device to devote resources to other processes, consequently decreasing load time and saving memory space.
- More than Simple Caching: Caching behavior for all data sources is highly customisable based on the needs of your app. As pioneered in Altova MapForce and FlowForce Servers, MobileTogether contains more than just the usual caching parameters such as expiry and refresh time.
- Embed-XML-in-Design-File Option: You have the ability to embed any XML data directly into the design file in MobileTogether Designer. This option is perfect for smaller data sets that are needed on the client side, such as a list of choices for a combo-box or other static data.
- XQuery 3.x Capabilities on the Server: By utilising XQuery expressions, you can significantly reduce the amount of data being transferred between the server and client. Database views, queries or calls to external data sources will yield raw data for a mobile application.
- Persistent Data Storage on Client Devices: For user-entered data and data that doesnt change too frequently, you can choose to store data persistently on each client device.
- Powerful Keep Data on Server Setting: To reduce the amount of data transmitted over the mobile data networkwhich improves the performance of any appMobileTogether lets you select exactly which data you want to transmit to the client devices and which data to keep on the server.
- User Roles and Licenses: When required, server administrators can create users and choose from among 12 default privileges ranging from allowing users to run server simulations to reading/writing global resources and viewing unfiltered logs. There privileges can also be assigned when user roles are created.
- Role-Based Permissions: You have full control over access to any particular solution, part of a solution or to an entire directory of solutions based on user and role permissions defined on MobileTogether Server.
- Permission Editor: It's easy to create and edit permissions on MobileTogether Server. Whether you want to limit the end users ability to view design files and containers or create view-specific mobile solutions, the server allows you to give end-users the appropriate permissions readily.
Altova MobileTogether Server - System Requirements
MobileTogether Server is available for:
- Windows: Windows XP (SP2 for x64; SP3 for x86), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Windows Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- CentOS 6 or newer
- RedHat 6 or newer
- Debian 6 or newer
- Ubuntu 12.04 or newer
- Mac OS X 10.8 or newer
- Java for OS X (latest version)