Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: CSWEBAPP
|Clearswift SECURE Web Gateway provides a comprehensive solution for policy controlled web security allowing you to exploit collaborative Web technologies to grow your business, while reducing costs and mitigating risks. |
The Web Gateway goes beyond simply keeping your network free of viruses, spyware and other inappropriate content including harmful executables. You decide exactly what content flows, when and to whom. It lets you create secure policies that enable collaboration, minimise risk and maintain productivity.
If you're concerned about data leaks via Facebook, Twitter, webmail or similar sites you can still enable access, but simply prevent file uploads. YouTube may contain inappropriate content - you can still allow access, but only to authorised videos. With the Clearswift Web Gateway granular policies like these help you mitigate data loss, regulatory, legal and reputational risks.
The Clearswift SECURE Web Gateway is designed to enhance the internet experience by encouraging appropriate behaviour, minimising the careless error, and protecting against the bad guys.
Main Features Include:
- Inbound Threat Protection: Clearswift's SECURE Web Gateway keeps malware and threats off of your organisation's network.
- Website Categorisation: Clearswift's SECURE Web Gateway comes equipped with an hourly updated database of known malicious URLs to keep your organisation secured from the latest online threats
- Content Inspection: Deep content inspection, allows you to monitor and control how data flows in your organisation.
- Policy Controls: With flexible policy controls, Clearswift's SECURE Web Gateway gives you complete control over your organisation's web browsing.
- Management & Reporting: Manage and report the critical tasks and information that keep your organisation running smoothly.
- Flexible Deployment Options: Pre-installed hardware appliances, virtualised gateways for VMWare or software (ISO) images for installation on your own hardware.
Clearswift SECURE Web Gateway (SWG) - Features
Feature & BenefitPolicy
- Default policy- Out of the box policies provide immediate protection from web usage threats.
- Centralized control- Auto-updating of policies to multiple Clearswift appliances for consistency and time saving.
- Customizable block pages and overrides- Block page messages may be customized and users allowed to override policy while still safeguarding your organization.
- Acceptable usage page- Reinforces that web usage is monitored and subject to policy.
- Time-based access - Set the times of day users can or cannot visit specific website categories.
- Time quotas for users- Define total time a user may browse websites categories each day.
- Customizable progress pages- Personalized interaction with users when they are downloading.
- Flexible policies - Define advanced policies to control all aspects of web usage.
- Bi-directional malware scanning - Stops known and unknown malware infection.
- Spyware and call-home detection- Blocks spyware, adware, keyloggers and botnet call-homes.
- URL filtering -Control over websites by category.
- Web data decomposition- Automated blocking of unrecognized files for protection from day-zero attacks.
- HTTPS scanning and port configuration- Full policy control over HTTPS/SSL encrypted traffic.
- Dynamic URL classification - Real time inspection of web content to detect and block inappropriate language or malicious content in permitted URL categories.
- True binary file-type controls- Accurate identification of web data and blocking of unrecognized file types.
- Content inspection and lexical analysis- Policy control over all web content.
- Regular lexical expressions - Built-in and custom detection of common business terms including payment card industry (PCI), personally identifiable information (PII) and compliance terms.
- Managed lists- Auto-updating managed lists for multi-language profanity and editable compliance dictionaries (Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Securities and Equities Commission (SEC), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)).
Management and reporting
- Hundreds of pre-defined reports- Easy to modify, run and share reports with interactive drilldowns.
- Active directory (AD) and LDAP integration - User based policy controls for flexible policy enforcement.
- Auto-updating security - Maintains web security levels while reducing administration time.
- Hardened Linux operating system (OS) - Penetration tested, no patching OS designed for security.
- Interactive drill down reports- Saves time, cost and the generation of unnecessary reports.
- Multi-appliance reporting- Consolidated view of user activity for easier analysis and sharing of security and management data.
- Scheduled and customized reporting- Allows you to create once, run and distribute as scheduled.
- Scheduled spyware reporting- Control of spyware and identification of user devices for remediation.
- SNMP,SMTP and SMS Alerting- Allows lights-out datacenter deployment.
- Web threat tests- Easy checking of web policy changes against web security.
- Intuitive graphical user interface to manage policy - Logical and intuitive layout allows easier administration and usage.
- Back-up and restore- Scheduled and immediate back-ups of policy, data and logs for auditing purposes, with full or partial restoration.
- Dell hardened appliance- Default pre-built and tested Linux security platform up and running in under an hour.
- Soft appliance - Allows you to choose hardware platform of choice
- VMware ESX/ESXi virtualization support- Enables security and server consolidation in a VMware environment, ideal for both production and disaster recovery deployments.
Clearswift SECURE Web Gateway (SWG) - System Requirements
- CSW- 50 to 500 users, Dell hardware with next business day support
- ENW - 500 to 3,000 users per appliance, Dell hardware with four hour business day support
- VW -50+ users, for customers own hardware - IBM, HP and others, or VMware ESX3 & ESX3i
- All Models - Up to nine web appliances linked into one common peer group
- N+1 resilience and scalability- By peering an additional support appliance
- Getting Started Guide- 7-Step deployment guide, typical deployment in less than 45 minutes
- Evaluation Guide- Step by step guide for evaluation of key Clearswift Web Appliance features
- Operating system (OS)- Penetration tested, hardened Clearswift Linux
- User interface (UI) - Web-based UI offering intuitive roles-based management
- MIMEsweeper - Clearswifts content aware filtering and policy management, reporting, logging and auditing engine with full lexical scanning and lexical expression building
- URL filter- Comprehensive 40 category URL filter from the world's leading URL filtering vendor
- Kaspersky anti-virus - Award-winning anti-virus and malware engine consistently independently verified as one of the leading solutions
- Anti-spyware - Based on Sunbelt Softwares award winning CounterSpy anti-spyware solution