Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: THUMBPLS
ThinApp - Features
- OS Migrations Made Easy:Quickly migrate your legacy applications to Windows 7 or Windows 10 without the need to recode, retest and recertify. Automatically convert silent-installed applications to ThinApp packages. If you've already packaged applications with ThinApp for use on XP or older versions of Windows convert them to the ThinApp Windows format with ThinApp's Relink feature.
- Security without System Changes: Applications can run in restricted user accounts on locked-down PCs with no system changes and without reducing the security policy. ThinApp has no kernel-mode code and cannot violate machine group policy applied to the user. It cannot give application-elevated permissions to devices on the machine, which prevents unintended policy violations.
- Application Isolation for Zero Conflicts:Package an entire 32-bit or 64-bit application and its settings into a single .MSI or .EXE executable that can be deployed to many Windows operating environments. Virtual applications are isolated from each other and execute independently without making changes to the underlying operating system, eliminating application-to-application conflict and application-to-OS conflicts. ThinApp packages can be delivered and managed with App Volumes for complete lifecycle management.
- Mobile Access:Whether on the road or in the office, users require reliable and flexible application access across devices. With ThinApp, users don't need to install software or device drivers and don't need admin rights. Applications run directly from portable storage devices, including Flash drives.
- No Application Silos:The traditional IT model of one application per server requires dedicated hardware for specific applications that cannot coexist, whether for technical reasons or concerns about data isolation. ThinApp eliminates these application silos for better use of existing assets while making your applications easier to manage and deploy.
ThinApp - System Requirements
Supported Platforms, Applications and Systems
You can run ThinApp packages on the following operating systems and server configurations:
• 32-bit platforms – Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10,Windows Server 2008.
• 64-bit platforms – Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10,Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.
• RDSH server and Citrix XenApp.
Note: Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP or Windows 2003, so these operating systems are nolonger supported as ThinApp deployment platforms. However, Windows XP is still supported as anoperating system for ThinApp capture machines only.
ThinApp supports virtualising the following application architectures:
• 16-bit applications running on 32-bit Windows operating systems.
• 32-bit applications running on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems.
• 64-bit applications running on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
• Virtual applications running on 16-bit or non-x86 operating systems, such as Windows CE.
• 64-bit virtual applications running on 32-bit Windows operating systems.
• 16-bit virtual applications running on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
• Applications requiring installation of kernel-mode device drivers (ODBC drivers are supported becausethey are user-mode device drivers).
• Products such as antivirus and personal firewalls.
• Scanner and printer drivers and some VPN clients.