Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronise your files and generate reports for your records. Scooter Software's virtual file system connects you to your data transparently, whether it's local or remote. Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data, Microsoft Excel workbooks and HTML tables in a Table Compare session. Compare images in a Picture Compare session.
Beyond Compare is available in the following editions:
- Beyond Compare Standard Edition: A powerful, full-featured file and folder comparison tool.
- Beyond Compare Professional Edition: Adds in extra features and functionality over the Standard Edtion.
Beyond Compare - Features
- Compare Files, Folders: You can compare entire drives and folders at high speed, checking just sizes and modified times. Or, thoroughly verify every file with byte-by-byte comparisons. FTP sites, cloud storage andzip files are integrated seamlessly and powerful filters allow you to limit what you see to only what you're interested in.
- 3-way Merge (Pro edition only): Beyond Compare's merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file or folder into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
- Synchronise Folders: Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically. You can efficiently update your laptop, backup your computer, or manage your website and Beyond Compare will handle all the details.
- NEW: Mac OS X Version: Beyond Compare for Mac has all the power and functionality you've come to expect from Beyond Compare, now with native look and feel, speed and enhancements to make it feel at home.
- NEW: AD Hoc Unimportat Text:Define unimportant terms directly from the Rules dialog, rather than having to edit your file formats.
- NEW: 64-bit version that handles significantly larger comparisons Windows and Linux.
- NEW: Microsoft OneDrive support.
- NEW: IPv6 networking supported.
- NEW: Webdav, amazon S3, subsverion, Dropbox and Onedrive Support PRO: In addition to FTP, you can access WebDAV resources, Amazon S3 buckets, Subversion repositories, Dropbox's cloud storage and Microsoft OneDrive directly from within Beyond Compare. Organise your remote service profiles with friendly names and folder hierarchies.
- NEW: Overhauled Picture Compare: Picture Compare has a new look, with automatic zoom, pixel-level details and simplified controls. Tolerance comparison mode uses grayscale to reveal the image along with the differences. It uses less memory and supports additional image formats.
- NEW: Overhauled Preferences Dialog with Search: The reorganised options dialog includes a search feature for finding specific settings quickly. Commands for all comparison types can be customised without first having to open a view.
Other Significiant Features:
- Hex Compare supports in-line editing and wraps lines to fit the window.
- New View Patch command shows diff/patch files as a text comparison.
- HTML folder comparison reports can now embed links to file comparisons.
- Added option to align filenames with different extensions in folder compare.
- File operations can be paused in the folder compare.
- Added new text comparison algorithm choice based on Bram Cohen's Patience Diff.
- Improved appearance on high DPI (retina) displays.
Beyond Compare - System Requirements
Intel processor; 1 GHz or faster recommended
1 GB RAM; additional memory recommended for large comparisons
50 MB of available hard drive space
1024 x 768 display resolution - Using a higher DPI scaling at minimum resolution may cause certain dialogs to hide various settings.
OS Requirements for v4
Windows Platform Compatibility
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista (32 & 64)
- Windows Server 2008 (32 & 64),Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 (32 & 64),Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2,Windows Server 2016
- Windows 7 (32 & 64), Windows 8.1 (32 & 64), , Windows 10 (32 & 64)
Mac OS X
Beyond Compare 4 runs on Macintosh computers, under OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and up.
Linux Distribution Compatibility
BC v3 and 4 only:
Beyond Compare does not run as a console application on Linux. It requires the X window system.
Compatible Linux distributions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (BC version 3 - 4.0.7)
- CentOS 6, 7, CentOS 5 (BC version 3 - 4.0.7)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS
- Linux Mint 17,18 Cinnamon and MATE editions
- Fedora 24,25
- Debian 7, 8
Prior to version 4.1, 64-bit distributions required 32-bit compatibility libraries. Using the .deb/.rpm packages with apt-get/yum or your distribution's associated package manager will install them automatically.
Linux distributions were each tested using the default desktop environment. Only limited technical support is provided for untested Linux distributions and desktop environments.