Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: NETSUPPS
NetSupport School is a classroom software solution for schools. Working across all platforms, NetSupport School supports a teacher with a wealth of dedicated assessment, monitoring, collaboration and control features to ensure they can leverage the very best from their ICT equipment.
- Control: As a teacher, NetSupport School allows you to control student activity on each device in the classroom. From a simple power on or login at the start of the day, to locking their devices to gain attention, NetSupport School ensures only a single mouse click is required.
- Monitor Internet, Application, Instant Messenger, Printer and USB/CD devices: Monitor what students do, control when they can do it and prevent access to resources whenever required. All of these can be set as a default so they happen even without teacher's input at the start of the lesson.
- Assess: Assessment of understanding and progress is key and, with that in mind, NetSupport School serves up a unique Q&A mode for real-time individual, group and peer assessment in a fun and engaging game show style, with basketball questioning, teams, first to answer and much more. Quick surveys can be done with the whole class as part of a plenary, with students automatically grouped based on responses. Finally, we include a full Testing console with auto-marking when more structured assessment is required.
- Collaborate: From group leaders, group chat sessions, interactive whiteboard, audio monitoring and more, NetSupport School is built with collaboration in mind. Digital Journals - We want to help save teachers' time and ensure students leverage every possible benefit from the technology available to them. The Student Journal ensures a record of all relevant content from a lesson can be stored in a PDF file for the student to take away and review. From personal notes to recommended resources, screenshots, teacher notes, survey results and more, the journal is a great addition for each student and a lifeline for any absent students.
- Whole School: With a Tutor console, tablet apps for teaching assistants and software for every platform, NetSupport School is the most complete classroom software available. To ensure all classes remain up and running at all times, a dedicated Technicians' Console is also included for the Network Manager and their team so they can see all PCs across the school, monitor systems and perform remote management when needed.
NetSupport School - Features
With NetSupport School, Teachers and Trainers can improve the efficiency of classroom instruction by centrally instructing Students on their computer, keep Students on task by monitoring application and web usage, improve support through online help and chat requests and save time by quickly polling the class and showing instant results. Teachers and Trainers can also record all screen, keyboard and mouse activity on a Student workstation to review later or to replay to the class. With educational budgets under increasing pressure, NetSupport School enables schools, colleges and training institutions to maximise the return from the IT infrastructure already in place.
- Powerful Classroom Management - Power On/Off all computers, Remotely Log On/Off all computers in a single action, create custom classroom layouts and more.
- Student Register - Generate and store Student attendance records and prompt for custom information unique to your school.
- Interactive Lesson Plans - Pre-schedule activities and resources for the class, track lesson progress in real-time and share plans with other teachers.
- Student Instruction - Show the Teacher's Screen to all members of the class, or show a selected desktop (if the teacher uses multiple monitors) or even show just a selected application. Show a Recording of a previous remote control session to the class or broadcast a multimedia file (including sound). Unique to NetSupport School you can also leave a full recording of the presentation on each student desktop so they can review the presentation later.
- View Student Screens - Monitor the entire class or selected students. View using high quality scalable thumbnails of each PC, mouse over for larger zoom view or click for full 1:1 remote control.
- On Screen Annotation - Use a wealth of annotation and presenting tools to aid in your presentations and retain student focus.
- Application Metering and Control - Monitor all applications in use in the class, including those in the background, open and close applications remotely, record a full history of use for the lesson for every student. Use approved and restricted lists to control application availability.
- Internet Metering and Control - Offers the same level of control as Application Metering. Also provides granular website blocking, allowing access to certain pages at a selected URL but not access to the rest of the site. Works across browsers and also includes FTP blocking.
- Group Chat, Messaging and Audio support, all under the control of the Teacher.
- Instant Surveys with visual results feedback to both Teacher and Students.
- Portable Tutor - No need to pre-install - carry the software on your memory stick and use when needed.
- Testing and Quiz module supporting real time tests and scoring, support for 8 different question types, examination grading levels, progress tracking and more.
- Wireless Support designed from the ground up, including mobile class lists.
- Teacher Toolbar- NEW - Remains accessible when the main application is minimised, providing quick access to key features when using an Interactive Whiteboard or other applications.
- Security - Complete multi-layered security throughout the product, including unique security keys, access control by licence, Active Directory support allowing policy- based controls that can limit which system users are able to run the NetSupport School components on. The Tech Console also provides a Security check mode to identify systems without all security options in force.
- Student Journals - NEW - During a typical class, all appropriate items relating to the subject can be captured and automatically included in a PDF file for post-lesson review by each Student. This NEW feature includes a full record of Lesson details and Objectives, Teacher and Student notes, Screenshots, Survey results, URLs used during the lesson and individual Test results.
- Student Information Bar - Provide key information to the class throughout the lesson - Class details, objectives, time remaining, available websites and applications the class are approved to use, NEW Student Rewards and much more.
- True Printer Management - Prevent Printing, Set Quota's, Remove duplicate print jobs, allow the Teacher to authorise print requests and NEW Print visuals.
- Real-time Keyboard Monitoring - See exactly what the class are typing in real-time, irrespective of the application or website in use. Now includes NEW target keywords for content tracking and full history by Student and application.
- Instant Messenger Monitoring and Control. Monitor messenger chats, prevent sign-in to leading messengers including MSN, AOL and Yahoo or simply prevent use.
- Device Control - Prevent data being copied to (or from) USB or CD/DVD devices. Flexible control allowing prevention of file copy but still allowing documents to be read.
- Internet SafeSearch - Override search engine preferences automatically and force content restrictions on delivered results.
- Internet Co-Browse - Rather than simply showing your students a website, why not browse the site on your PC in the knowledge that the same site is being browsed on each student computer. As you scroll down a page, so do they. At any point the Teacher can provide access to the students so they can reference the pages presented themselves, safe in the knowledge they cannot go anywhere else.
- Key Show - May be a simple action but when presenting an application to the class, it is important they learn the primary navigation methods. When a teacher selects CTRL+P for printing, this key combination is shown to the class.
- Teacher Security - During a presentation in class when a Teacher accesses a Student's web browser, NetSupport School will prevent them mistakenly typing or visiting any non-defined websites and avoid any embarrassing sites being displayed.
- Virtual Whiteboard - School features a powerful virtual whiteboard - draw diagrams, annotate charts and images and even pass access to a student so they can collaborate directly onto the whiteboard.
- On-line Resources - NetSupport provides a free online resource centre where Teachers can both upload and download test resources, images, curriculum content and more. A simple way to ensure you get the most out of your software.
- Tech Console - NEW - A dedicated console designed specifically for Technicians and Network Managers. View all computers across the campus, monitor computer screens in each classroom, generate a full Hardware and Software inventory from each PC, remotely manage services and processes, deliver files to all selected computers in a single action and much more.
- Get Support - NEW - A single click of the toolbar button within the Tutor console will immediately connect the teacher to an available technician who can then provide assistance remotely from anywhere on campus.
- Real-time Audio Monitoring (New)
NetSupport School now provides the tools teachers and trainers need to ensure language lab computers are being used for their intended purpose! Monitor the entire class in a single view and with the use of the displayed visual indicators see instantly which PCs have live audio activity. Listen to a students microphone feed and correct pronunciation, conduct a 2-way chat with a specific student avoiding disruption for the rest of the class.
- Manage Student Resources (New)
The Student Toolbar now provides a quick and convenient way for students to access the resources required for a given lesson. In situations where the schools computer desktops are locked down, thus preventing students from creating desktop shortcuts to work files, websites etc, teachers will often need to spend precious time explaining to the class where to access the resources from. Teachers can now by-pass this cumbersome approach by quickly adding the required shortcuts to the Student Toolbar.
- Connect To Students In Room (New)
NetSupport School 10.5 introduces an additional connectivity option ideal for helping teachers quickly connect to the machines in a given room. An intuitive startup wizard enables you to assign PCs to a particular room and quickly deploy the student software to those machines. At the start of a lesson the teacher simply indicates which of the pre-defined rooms they want to connect to. Roaming Students also have the option of connecting to a designated room.
- Browse and Connect Performance (Enhanced) A new configuration option, Accelerate Browse, dramatically improves browse and connect performance. If while browsing for Students some of the machines in the known list are switched off, rather than pause while trying to connect, the Tutor will instantly skip the unavailable machines and move on to those that are available. A visual indicator will highlight those machines that could not be connected to.
- Student Thumbnails (Enhanced)
Student Thumbnails can now be sized using a flexible slide-bar enabling you to make better use of the space available on the Tutor screen. Thumbnails can also be viewed full-screen by pressing F11.
- Terminal Server Support (Enhanced)
Installing and configuring NetSupport School for a Terminal Server environment is now a more simplified and seamless process.
NetSupport School - System Requirements
System Pre-RequisitesSome areas of NetSupports functionality rely on the presence of certain files/applications, please ensure these are available before installing NetSupport School.
Internet Explorer 4.01 service pack 2 or above.
65Mb free disk space
NetSupport School runs on :
Win 2000, 2003, 2008 , XP & Vista. IPX/SPX, NetBEUI and TCP/IP.
The Test Designer requires MDAC 2.1 or higher and COMCTL32.dll version 5.80 or higher. During installation, NetSupport will check to see if these files are present and advise if not. However, if installing silently using the NetSupport Deploy utility, you will not be warned if the files are missing. Note: To enable printer notifications to be sent to the Tutor PC the installer applies the following changes to the Student PC's;
The File and Print Sharing Exception is enabled on Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.
The scope of port TCP 139 is changed from "Subnet" to "ANY" on Windows XP SP2.M
Local Security Policy Settings
On Windows Vista workgroup connected PC's, the following local policy settings are set;
Network Access: Allow anonymous SID/Name translation ENABLED
Network Access: Do not allow anonymous enum of SAM accounts DISABLED
Network Access: Do not allow anonymous enum of SAM accounts & shares DISABLED
Network Access: Let everyone permissions apply to anonymous users ENABLED
Network Access: Restrict anonymous access to Named Pipes and Shares DISABLED