Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: NETSMNGR
NetSupport Manager delivers a complete remote control software solution for remote access, PC support and remote desktop management.From a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, remotely view and control the screens of one or multiple systems across the enterprise, deliver hands-on remote support, transfer files, collaborate, broadcast your screen to others and even record and play back sessions. When needed, gather real-time hardware and software inventory, monitor services and even view system config remotely to help resolve issues quickly.
NetSupport Manager provides a single solution for both LAN and Remote support - but without the need for third party services or any ongoing subscription costs. NetSupport Manager excels as both a 1:1 and a 1:many solution; from monitoring multiple systems in real-time, to showing the operator screen to recipients for training.
- Monitor: The Monitor Mode feature allows a user to display a thumbnail view of all connected Client workstations simultaneously. The size of these thumbnails can be adjusted to suit. In addition, the user can mouse over a specific thumbnail for an expanded view of each selected PC.
- Remote Control: Watch, Share or Control the screen, keyboard and mouse of any PC irrespective of colour depth, resolution or operating system. NetSupport Manager delivers the fastest and most secure remote control available.
- Grouping: The Control "tree view" provides an instant overview of your IT infrastructure by grouping the remote systems based on pre-defined criteria such as Operating System, PC type (laptop, all-in-one, desktop, tablet, virtual PC etc), even country. In addition, all devices are auto-grouped by NetSupport version, ensuring upgrades are easy to manage.
- File transfer: A user can transfer files between their PC and a user's workstation using a simple drag and drop interface - even drop a file directly onto the desktop when viewing a remote machine.
- Inventory: A user can obtain a real-time view of the hardware and software installed on each remote PC workstation directly from within their NetSupport Control. NetSupport Manager collects over 80 items of information, specifically about the hardware or environment of each PC.
- Connectivity: Remote control products fundamentally rely on flexibility in their approach to finding and connecting to end user devices. NetSupport Manager is designed to work over a LAN, WAN or the internet, with support for both TCP/IP and HTTP communications (and even legacy IPX and NetBIOS support).
- Geo location: New to NetSupport Manager is a simple but flexible feature aimed at making the grouping of remote devices much easier for companies supporting multiple sites. When a user connects to a remote PC, if enabled, the location of the device will be calculated based on its external details.
- Communication: Within NetSupport Manager, a user can conduct a two-way chat session between any number of selected users in either text or full audio mode.
- Flexibility: NetSupport Manager includes a wealth of supporting features to make remote support as simple and flexible as possible.
- Security: NetSupport Manager has been recognised for the last 20 years as delivering the most secure remote control available.
- Integration: NetSupport Manager has been designed to work both standalone and as a key part within existing systems.
NetSupport Manager - Features
NetSupport Manager is a PC remote control and desktop management package providing support to end users with immediate response times and making the problem visible in real time. It is fully cross-platform compatible and one package supports all major operating systems. It includes the remote Dial-Up support.
Remote Control of a PC - Watch, Share or Control the screen, keyboard and mouse of a workstation irrespective of colour depth, resolution, network protocol or operating system. Use the Audio functions on multimedia capable PCs' to talk to your users while providing support. NetSupport Manager is consistently recognized in comparative reviews as offering the fastest remote control performance available.
Monitoring Systems with Interactive Thumbnails - The Monitor Mode feature allows a Control to display a "Thumbnail" view of all connected Client workstations simultaneously. Thumbnail size can be adjusted on the fly, as can the update interval. In addition, the Control users can mouseover a specific thumbnail for an expanded view of the selected PC. This provides a unique feature within Remote Control solutions to allow an IT manager to keep a constant eye over critical systems and immediately identify if systems need intervention. The View also provides key information such as OS type , network address, the current logged on user and the computer name for easy identification.
Hardware and Software Inventories - Obtain a real-time view of the hardware and software installed on the target workstation at the click of a button, without ever needing to leave the NetSupport Control program to gather this information. NetSupport Manager collects over 80 items of information, specifically about the hardware or environment of the Client PC. A full inventory of current installed applications is also provides as well as installed hotfixes. To aid in remote support and diagnostics, you can also remotely view, and security permitting control, applications in memory, processes running and installed services.
File Transfer and Distribution - Transfer and manipulate files between workstations using a simple "drag & drop" interface. Synchronise directories on two workstations or edit files and attributes directly. NetSupport Manager utilises intelligent "Delta File Transfer" to reduce data transfer times when overwriting files that already exist by checking individual blocks of data within a file and only transferring changed data. This feature is enabled by default and applies to all file types. The performance benefits are most noticeable on slower connections.
Distribute files and data from a central NetSupport workstation to multiple Client workstations simultaneously and with a minimum of keystrokes and effort. Using this feature, you are able to Distribute files to:
- All connected Clients
- Selected Clients
- A pre-defined Group of Clients
Explorer Desktop Integration - When a NetSupport Manager control is installed onto a PC, it integrates directly with explorer, allowing you to launch key functionality direct from your system without needing to first start NetSupport.
A typical example would be within Network places, where on viewing a list of PCs on the network, by selecting the PC icon and using right mouse click, NetSupport Remote Control, Chat and Inventory options are available to launch.
Remote Desktop (RDP) Support - NetSupport Manager co-exists with RDP by detecting if there is an active RDP session. The user is provided with the option to either continue in screen scrape mode or disconnect the RDP session for full remote control capability.
Remote Deployment - The NSD utility (NetSupport Deploy) provides Network Administrators with the facility to install and configure NetSupport Manager on multiple workstations from a central site without the need to visit the machines individually.
With NSD, you can:
- Remotely Install a NetSupport package on multiple workstations simultaneously.
- Create and download specific Client Configurations to multiple workstations.
- Remotely update NetSupport License details on multiple workstations.
- Remotely Uninstall a NetSupport package from multiple workstations simultaneously.
Show Function - Use the powerful Show function to conduct computer-based training without the need for overhead projectors, video splitters or any additional hardware. Show your Screen, a selected monitor or just a selected application to any number of connected computers in real-time. Utilise a range of on screen annotation to tools to aid in your presentation or training.
Scripting and Scheduling - NetSupport includes a powerful Scripting Language and Scheduler that allows you to automate the tasks you would normally perform repetitively in the NetSupport Control and run them at a time when most convenient to you. Scripting contains a wealth of Desktop Management functions including the ability to interrogate Clients and retrieve information such as free disk space; what operating system they are running.
You can even use NetSupport Scripting to distribute applications by using a combination of File Transfer, Remotely Execute Applications and edit the Registry. In simple terms, anything you can do manually with NetSupport Manager, you can do automatically with NetSupport Scripting.
Power Management - If your workstation hardware and software supports "Wake on Lan", you can use NetSupport to Power on / off your workstations over the LAN. Ideal if needing to copy data to a machine that is turned off.
Printer Redirection - The latest release includes improvements to capturing client print output including support for Network and USB printers. NetSupport Manager now also uses the WMI service (available on XP and above) to create a ""Standard TCP/IP Port"" which it uses to provide print capture support. The Implementation on Window 2000 clients is similar but as the WMI Service is not available as standard the registry is updated by Manager to add the ""Standard TCP/IP Port.
64Bit Support - NetSupport Manager supports remote control of all x64 (AMD / Intel) platforms, including Windows XP64 and Windows 2003
Chat and Audio Support - Conduct a two way chat session between selected multiple users in either text or full audio mode.
Should the Chat member not respond, you can send an audible beep to each workstation by selecting "Send Beep". Use the "Invite" function to add Clients when the Chat session is in progress and send a copy of the Chat progress by using the Send discussion history option. The contents of a Chat session can be stored for future reference.
NetSupport Manager also offers Bi-Directional Audio - extended audio support allowing one way talk, listen and full bi-directional audio conversations outside of a remote control session. Audio support is available over all LAN/WAN and Internet based communications
Interactive Whiteboard - To both aid training and the effectiveness of support, a Whiteboard feature is now available from within a chat / multi-chat session. Similar to Annotate, the Control is able to use a range of screen highlighting tools to visually support their text chat with invited users.
Launch Applications - NetSupport Manager includes the Launch Application feature that allows you to remotely start applications on a remote PC, start installer routines and much more.
This feature combined with File Distribution, provides a quick and effective means of providing remote updates.
Messaging - Send a NetSupport text message to one or more chosen PC's, or even broadcast to all PCs on the network. Ideal for alerting your users of an impending server shutdown or similar.
- Smartcard Authentication - User Validation for connections now supports authentication using a Smartcard PIN as well as the existing remote login support.
- Gateway Support - has been extended to provide support for 2008 Server and Vista Systems.
- File Transfer - now also offers quick & easy transfer of files direct to the Client 'Desktop' or 'My Documents' folder.
- Remote Desktop Support - NetSupport Manager now co-exists seamlessly with Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Smartcard Support - With this option any smartcard login performed on the Control PC is re-directed and applied on the Client PC (more info)
- Scripting Enhancements - New remote logon function; script editor now uses colours to differentiate between comments, functions and keywords.
- Remote Command Prompt Enhancements - Remote command window now stores previously executed commands during the active session. Commands can then be recalled from history.
- Extended Multi-Monitor Support - The Control can now select the relevant Client monitor in view and thumbnail mode.
- New User Interface - NetSupport Manager 10, now features a totally new "Vista" style interface, that runs across all features of the product.
- New Auto Group list views - In version 10, client lists can be automatically sorted and grouped by a range of criteria including OS, connection type and so on.
- Enhanced Thumbnails - Monitor mode thumbnails now offer greater clarity, a larger zoom mode and real time indicators showing active View, FT, Inventory, Registry, Command prompt and chat sessions.
- New Group Hierarchy - Manager 10 now features a company Hierarchy allowing all known clients to be organised and structured into a single tree view.
- Enhanced Show mode - Manager 10 extends the Show mode to allow an Operator to Show their entire screen, just a selected Monitor or just a selected application to any number of selected clients in real-time.
- Enhanced Chat - version 10 now supports dynamic hyperlinks within chat sessions.
- File Transfer - Performance enhancements and now supports transfers over 4Gb.
- Remote Update - NetSupport Manager allows an existing NetSupport user to remotely update connected clients to the latest version of the product on the fly.
- Windows Vista - NetSupport Manager 10 now offers BETA support for Windows Vista.
NetSupport Manager - System Requirements
PC REQUIREMENTS:DOS, Win 95/8, Win NT, Win ME, Win 2000, Win 2003, Win XP and Vista
LINUX REQUIREMENTS:The NetSupport Manager Linux client supports at the time of release, SuSE, Red Hat 9 / Enterprise and Fedora distributions.
MAC REQUIREMENTS:NetSupport Manager client compatible with MAC OSX and carries Mac Universal certification.
SOLARIS REQUIREMENTS:The Solaris OS release is available for SUN SPARC systems.
POCKET PC:Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 2003 and above
Strong ARM processors
ActiveSync / WiFi wireless LAN capabilities
Device RAM: 32Mb (64Mb Recommended)
Storage: Minimum 2Mb, full Install 10Mb required
WINDOWS CEProcessor: Strong ARM processors, X86 Compatible
Operating System: Windows CE 4.2 or above
Device RAM: 32Mb (64Mb Recommended)
Storage: 5Mb free space required