Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Designer for WiX Toolset
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: DSNWTLS
- MPN: Add-in Express
This is an extension for Visual Studio that allows developers to quickly create WiX-based setup projects in a familiar Visual Studio way.
The Designer for WiX Toolset lets you forget the plain Windows Installer XML and concentrate on your deployment logic. It integrates several editors with the Visual Studio IDE and provides a set of vdproj designers to configure the file system, registry, user interface, custom actions, launch conditions and more for your setup projects.
- Use visual editors instead of plain XML: The Designer integrates several editors with the Visual Studio IDE and follows the vdproj way familiar to all Visual Studio developers. With these editors enabled for all WiX-based setup projects, you can set up and work with WiX-specific features: The file system, the registry, file types, custom actions, launch conditions and user interface
- The Designer is not another WiX editor: It is a Visual Studio extension embedded into the VS IDE that combines your projects and deployment scenarios into integrated solutions without running any standalone tools.
- All of your WiX setup projects are supported: You can use the Designer daily to build any setup project type supported by the WiX Toolset including standard msi installation packages, web-deployment setup projects, merge modules, etc.
- Installation user interface - vdproj dialogs over WiX UI: To support the consistent installation user experience for each step of your deployment scenario, the Designer implements vdproj built-in dialogs in addition to the WiX UI Dialog Library. Using the designer you can add any vdproj dialogs to your WiX setup project, from a splash screen to the register user dialog.
- Create setups and deploy your projects faster: From usual msi installation packages to web-deployment projects, the Designer for WiX will accelerate your development many-fold and set you free from the necessity to figure out all the schemas and XML features the WiX Toolset is built on. Simply utilise the appropriate editor and get a WiX feature to work in minutes.