Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS)
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: MSOSBPOSS
- MPN: Microsoft
Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS) is a four in one hosted online solution that provides the user with a range of communication, and management options.
Business Productivity Online Standard Suite comprises:
- Exchange Online: MS Exchange Online is a hosted email solution that provides large storage capacity, robust security, and Office Outlook integration. Because this is a hosted solution, the IT needs in regards to service, support, and the purchasing of required equipment is severely reduced.
- SharePoint Online: SharePoint Online is a hosted document storage system that provides universal access to all members of a team/organisation. This allows for a higher degree of collaboration, and tighter command and control in regards to task and projects. This has the effect of reducing duplicate efforts, and leads to a higher degree of focus and productivity in regards to accomplishing workloads. As this is a hosted solution, the economics of this choice are all too clear.
- Office Live Meeting: Live Meeting is an online real time conference solution that can support up to 1,250 attendees at once. This application can support file transfers, training sessions, and virtually any other form of large scale collaboration efforts. This has the desired effect of reducing the cost necessary to conduct large scale interaction.
- Microsoft Office Communications Online: Office Communications Online offers Instant Messaging and Presence Tracking to assist with time critical task, and the ability to interact in a seamless fashion across buildings, or across the globe. Time is money, and Communications Online will save your company both.
Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS) - FeaturesMicrosoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suite is a set of messaging and collaboration solutions hosted by Microsoft and consists of Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Office Live Meeting and Office Communications Online. These online services are designed to give your business streamlined communication with high availability, comprehensive security and simplified IT management. Your business benefits from always up-to-date technologies that are deployed rapidly, maximising your valuable IT resources and reducing your need for infrastructure investments.
Why choose the Business Productivity Online Standard Suite?For customers who need more than one standalone service, the Business Productivity Online Standard Suite provides the best value to customers by bundling multiple services at a discounted price.
Exchange Online offers 5GB mailbox storage per standard licence, configurable up to 25GB per mailbox.
Features and BenefitsMicrosoft Online Services makes it easy for you to leverage and rapidly deploy familiar Microsoft server products as flexible services.
These hosted servicesour Business Productivity Online Standard Suiteinclude the following:
- Exchange Online
Provide employees access to e-mail, calendar, and contacts from virtually anywhere, at anytime, on desktops, laptops, and mobile deviceswhile helping to protect against malware and spam. Exchange Online can be rapidly deployed, flexibly expanded, and is designed to be securely administered using a powerful yet easy-to-use Web-based console.
- SharePoint Online
Share documents, contacts, calendars, and tasks in a single location. Based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, SharePoint Online delivers rich collaboration capabilities that enable team members to flexibly and efficiently collaborate, find organizational resources, search your intranet site, and manage content and workflow.
- Office Communications Online
Connect with colleagues and customers through real-time meetings, training sessions, and events using only a PC with an Internet connection. Hosted Web conferencing services from Microsoft Office Live Meeting give your employees the power to collaborate wherever they are, to set up project meetings, brainstorm ideas, and collaborate on whiteboards without the cost and hassle of travel!
- Office Live Meeting
Enable users to find and rapidly connect with the right person from the applications they use most. Office Communications Online provides streamlined access to rich presence and instant messaging capabilities that are centrally managed by IT and work seamlessly with a range of Microsoft Office system programs.
How It WorksEach Microsoft data center, located strategically throughout the world, houses a highly reliable complex of equipment that provides seamless connectivity to the Microsoft Online suite of services. This global network of geo-redundant data centers provides around-the-clock access to your business-critical collaboration services, and helps keep your data safe.
With Microsoft Online Services, your IT staff retains control over the services offered to your end users. Microsoft Online Services work seamlessly with Microsoft Active Directory, so you can continue to manage user policies centrally and control which services are available to your existing users. A single
administrative panelwith consoles for provisioning, usage, monitoring, and supportenables simple and centralized management. And your users can enjoy the convenience of a single sign-on to access all their hosted services.
Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS) - System Requirements
Supported system and application software for accessing Microsoft Online Services.
- Windows Vista Business (SP1)
- Windows Vista Enterprise (SP1)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1)
- Windows Vista Home (SP1)
- Windows XP Professional (SP2)
- Windows XP Tablet Edition (SP2)
- Macintosh OS X 10.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
- Java client 1.4.2 (on Macintosh OS X)
Java is required only for Microsoft Office Live Meeting. In Office Live Meeting, Macintosh OS X clients will not have access to the record or to presenter information.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (only on Windows XP)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is recommended for the Microsoft Online Services Administration Center.
- Firefox 3
- Safari 3.1.2 (on Macintosh OS X)
The Microsoft Online Services Sign In application does not support Firefox.
E-mail client software
- Recommended: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 without SP1 will not have access to calendar free/busy information.
- Entourage 2008 12.1.2 (on Macintosh OS X)
Entourage will not have access to the global address list (GAL) or calendar free/busy information.
- Mail for Exchange (on Nokia)
Instant messaging software
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
Mobile device software
- Mobile devices running Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 12, such as those listed below, are supported. For the latest information on platforms and devices that are being tested, see the Microsoft Online Services Team Blog.
- Windows Mobile 6
- Windows Mobile 6.1
- Nokia E series and N series
- iPhone with firmware 2.0
Mobile devices are supported for e-mail and messaging only. Administration and other functions require a personal computer and appropriate software.
Hardware RequirementsHardware requirements for client computers used to connect to Microsoft Online Services are shown in the following table.
- Windows Vista
1 gigahertz (GHz) Pentium processor or faster and 1 gigabyte (GB) or more of system RAM
- Windows XP
500 megahertz (MHz) Pentium processor or faster (recommended 1 GHz) and 256 megabytes (MB) or more of system RAM
Businesses around the world can take advantage of Microsoft Online Services. In addition to the United States, services are offered in 22 countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, India, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Customers can choose to have Microsoft Online Web portals and sign-in tools display in one of five languages: English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish.