2D/3D vector graphics design, modelling, creation and editing CAD software for Mac and Windows including built-in database and worksheet capabilities and several import/export formats for file sharing.
Vectorworks 2018 delivers a robust suite of capabilities that will enhance your modeling process, simplify your workflows, and help you create one-of-a-kind experiences.
VectorWorks is available in the following editions:
- Vectorworks Designer: Whether your specialty is architecture, landscape or entertainment design, Vectorworks Designer software enables you to draft, model and present in a single, intuitive interface. Explore your ideas and discover new ways to simplify your process with Vectorworks Designer, an ultimate solution for the design professional who needs it all.
- Vectorworks Architect: From 2D and 3D to BIM and beyond, Vectorworks Architect delivers a robust suite of capabilities that will enhance your workflows from concept to construction and improve your design process.
- Vectorworks Landmark: Vectorworks Landmark software gives landscape architects, designers and urban planners a platform to design in their own way. The software’s built-in objects, site information modeling capabilities, powerful databases, innovative irrigation tools, effective project sharing and flexible documentation features will empower you to you transform the built environment like never before.
- Vectorworks Spotlight: Vectorworks Spotlight is an industry-leading design software for the entertainment business. Whether you work in lighting, scenic, event, TV, film, rigging or exhibit design, Spotlight software balances your process with the need for coordinated, accurate information so you can create unmatched experiences.
- Vectorworks Fundamentals: With a streamlined set of tools, you can capture and develop your ideas all in one place. Intuitive, 2D/3D modeling capabilities, combined with best-in-industry, integrated rendering tools, will transform your design process and help you produce beautiful drawings and high-quality, professional documentation with ease.
- Enhance Modelling Process: Mutiple drawing views, direct section and elevation, improved subdivision modeling.
- Simplify Workflows: Stay informed with the new message centre, plug-in styles for more parametric BIM objects, streamlined worksheets, improved graphic output for architectual documents, improved Revit import, streamplined drawing distribution, more accessible IFC BIM Data, robust wall modelling, enhanced resource manager.
- Advance Your Site Design: enhanced plant tags, easier Geotiff image import, direct site model contour editing, new foliange tool, new import/export treesureveu options.
- Command the Spotlight: new zoom option for video and blended screens, enhanced seating section command, braceworks.
VectorWorks - Features
VectorWorks FundamentalsVectorWorks is a CAD software program for Macintosh and Microsoft Windows providing capability for precision 2D drafting, 3D modelling and client presentations and including database and spreadsheet capabilities and a flexible scripting language to automate routine drafting tasks. VectorWorks is a Universal application meaning that it runs natively on the Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh. So now, no matter which processor you opt for, VectorWorks automatically runs at peak performance. And youll leave everyone in the dust with the boost youll get running on the new Intel Core Duo.
- Integrated Design Environment: store all information including 2D plans, 3D models, data and graphics) in a single file to co-ordinate and manage changes to designs
- 2D Drafting: using an intuitive interface and SmartCursor for creating clean, precise 2D drawings
- 3D Power Pack: explore, conceptualise and visualise complex forms in 3D using non-manifold modelling technology and an independent modelling kernel. Share 3D models with clients and colleagues using the IGES translator or export models as STL files for prototyping
- Database and Spreadsheet Functions: attach information such as manufacturer, size, part number, order and pricing information to objects in a drawing for access at any time during the design process. The information can be used to generate schedules, Bills of Material and other reports. Information and drawings are linked enabling changes made to the design to be updated automatically
- Intelligent Object Technology: create and change design elements without re-drawing. Most objects display in 3D and 2D
- Intelligent Objects and Symbol Libraries: access to thousands of intelligent objects and symbols
- Customisation: customise workspaces by configuring new tool palettes and menu commands, deleting unused palettes or re-arranging order and location. Assign, modify or delete keyboard shortcuts for palettes, tools and commands
- Integration: integrate VectorWorks into existing systems using import and export options including DWG, IGES, STL, EPS, TIF and JPG and share files between popular desktop publishing, presentation, analysis and other CAD programs. It is possible to move VectorWorks files between Macintosh and Microsoft Windows platforms
- Word Processing: create single lines or blocks of text and change the font, colour, size, style, alignment, spacing and capitalisation of text blocks. Support for tabs enables the creation of tables using formatted text copied from word processing and spreadsheet applications. Aspelling checker and Find and Replace features are included and it is possible to convert TrueType fonts into Polylines that can then be extruded to create text in 3D
- Workgroup Referencing: team members can view an entire project but make edits only within their individual area of responsibility. Final drawings are assembled by pulling together all of the component drawings from the team. Use a master document containing a standard symbol library
- High-end Presentation: create high-quality renderings with lighting effects and animated films of designs.
New features in Fundamentals 2010To view a complete list of new features please click here.
VectorWorks RenderWorksRenderWorks is an add on to VectorWorks for creating presentations of photgraphic quality. Create dynamic 2D and 3D designs, glide through your projects with a tightly streamlined interface, and access extensive features and resource libraries. VectorWorks RenderWorks offers the features you want in a comprehensive, intuitive software that will multi-task just like you do.
- Batch Rendering: rendering jobs can be queued and scheduled to run during off-peak hours
- Weather Effects: including snow, fog and ground fog
- Background Images: add background images to designs including clouds, colour gradients or images taken from the Internet or a digital camera
- Image Props: any graphic image can be made into an image prop and placed into the scene for improved realism. Image props can rotate so that they appear to be three-dimensional from all angles
- Roofing Shaders: create a variety of flat, rounded, diamond, hexagonal, corrugated, Spanish and Roman roof tiles
- Texture Creation Capabilities: re-use images for multiple textures and create transparent texture masks from the original image. Images that contain a built-in alpha channel can be used
- Texture Preview: preview textures in the Resource Browser
- Ray-tracing Rendering Technology: sample designs pixel by pixel, producing vivid 3D rendering effects including anti-aliasing, realistic lighting behaviour and shadows
- Render Bitmap Tool: render small portions of designs to determine the effects of settings or render several views in a composition
- Custom Textures: create custom textures from file formats such as TIF, JPG, GIF and BMP. Additional images can be downloaded from the Internet, scanned from photographs or captured directly from a digital camera
- Pre-defined Textures Library: more than twomhundred pre-defined textures. New textures can be created from any image file or from built-in shaders
- Full Texture Mapping Control: modify the way that textures appear on objects and achieve visual effects by adjusting the way that a texture is mapped
- Anti-aliasing: renderings will have sharp edges at any resolution and will export or print clean, crisp edges
- Ray-traced and Mapped Shadows: add hard or soft shadows to scenes. Use mapped shadows to create soft-edged shadows or create crisp, sharp-edged shadows using the ray-traced shadow option
- Reflection: create textures that reflect light such as chrome, polished brass and mirror
- Refraction: create textures that bend light. The glass shader bends light to distort objects that are beyond it
- Bump: edit the roughness of textures using pre-configured bump shaders such as dimple, knurl, tread plate and rough.
VectorWorks - System Requirements
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later
- Other Software: QuickTime 6 or higher
- Processor: PowerPC G5 2GHz or better/Intel Core 2GHz or better
- Other Hardware: DVD-ROM drive Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 (XGA)
- Display color depth: 16 bit
- Operating System: Windows XP SP 3, Windows Vista SP 1
- Other Software: QuickTime 7.2 to 7.5 (higher versions not recommended)
- Processor:Pentium 2GHz or better
- Other Hardware: DVD-ROM drive
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 (XGA)
- Display color depth: 16 bit
- RAM: 2GB
- Hard drive space: 10GB free
VectorWorks Fundamentals plus RenderWorks
- RAM: 2GB
- Hard drive space: 10GB free