TestComplete has an open and flexible architecture that makes creating, maintaining and executing automated tests across desktop, web and mobile applications easy, speedy and cost effective.
- Automated UI Testing:Use the script-free record and replay feature in TestComplete to easily create automated UI tests.
- Regression Testing:Increase efficiency by automating regression tests easily and quickly with TestComplete.
- Cross Browser Testing:With Cross Browser testing from TestComplete Web, easily record automated tests on one browser and automatically execute the same test on other real browsers. Pre-installed support for multiple scripting languages, right from VBScript, JScript, Python among others. Debug automated tests created on the fly using built-in verification checkpoints.
- Test Reporting & Analysis:Get real-time information on the progress and status of your desktop, mobile or web UI tests from a single interface. Easily connect to other tools in your environments, including Jira, Bugzilla and Quality Center among others to send reports and bugs to other stakeholders.
- Functional Test Automation:Create and run functional automated tests across wide range of desktop, web and mobile technologies without writing a single line of code.
- Parallel Testing:Execute desktop, mobile and web tests in parallel across multiple physical and virtual machines using TestExecute.
- Plugins and Extensions:Create plugins or choose from pre-installed extensions to expand the functionality of TestComplete with little or no programming experience.
- Simplified integration with Azure DevOps pipelines, and synchronization with Azure test plans: With real-time sync to test management and reporting inside Azure DevOps and a simplified integration process reducing the number of steps by half, your automated tests are now an integral part of your application build pipeline.
- Improved object recognition for faster test creation and better test maintenance: Improved selection of mapping criteria to identify objects in applications, streamlined algorithms to protect object mappings from application hierarchy changes, smarter suggestions for object not found errors and redesigned capabilities for creating mapping templates are a few enhancements that significantly improve robustness and speed of test creation and reduce test maintenance efforts.
- PDF validation and text extraction for end-to-end testing: New AI-powered visual recognition capability specifically designed for testing PDF files, you do not have to rely on time-consuming manual testing or image-based techniques, which often fail because they tend to rely on pixel-to-pixel comparisons.
TestComplete - Features
TestComplete is an application testing system providing automated functional, unit, regression, distributed and HTTP performance testing. Implement comprehensive software testing strategies in Win32, .NET, Java or Web applications. Support is provided for Visual Studio .NET, Java, Visual Basic, Visual C++, C++Builder, Delphi and Web applications. It comprises:
- Network suites
- HTTP load testing
- Web testing
- Test suites
- Project suite
- Forms and events
- Component palette
- Component inspector
- ActiveX Wizard
- Name mapping
- Debug info agent
- Access to DLL functions
- Object-driven testing
- Local variables
- Code explorer
- Code editor
- Stores (files, images, objects)
- File and registry storage
- Test log
- Object browser
- Low level recorder
- Picture viewer
- ADO support
- BDE support
- Win32 API support
- Debug services.
- HTTP Load Testing: perform load, stress and scalability testing of Web server applications. Record HTTP requests and play them back multiple times via Virtual Users. Use the HTTP Load Testing Remote Agent to govern many virtual users on multiple computers
- Distributed Testing: manage the synchronisation of test projects run on multiple computers. Tests can be run simultaneously or synchronised to create realistic multi-client testing of distributed applications. Network suites can be managed via test scripts
- Object-Driven Testing: create custom script-based classes visually
- Compressing Test Results: compress and archive test results
- Calling Functions from .NET Assemblies: call functions that reside in any .NET assembly
- Testing CORBA Objects: access CORBA objects located on the current computer and network computers. Explore objects in the Object Browser panel and work with them in scripts
- Multiple Compiler Support: native support for all applications and modules written in Visual Basic, Visual C++, Delphi, C++Builder, Java, Visual Studio .NET and Visual FoxPro
- Language-independent Scripting: built-in support for VBScript, DelphiScript, JScript or C++Script (a subset of JScript)
- Scripting by Recording or by Coding: use any mixture of recorded actions, hand-written code, calls to the test library and script tuning in the editor and debugger
- Script Recording: record selections, string input, checkings and uncheckings etc on Microsoft Windows controls identified by parent, class and caption. Recorded script is compact. TestComplete recognises typical UI library objects for the selected development tool (ATL, VCL, ActiveX etc). The recorder can log single keyboard events and single mouse events at absolute screen positions with complete detail
- Test Suites: the Test Suites panel displays all test suites that exist in the project without the need to modify the script code. Modify the sequence in which routines are run by dragging test suites in the panel
- Project Suites: each project suite includes a number of projects that can be run in any desired sequence
- Forms Support: create forms in TestComplete projects. Each new unit may have a form associated with it and a form can hold any ActiveX component
- Debug Info Agent: provides external testing with access to application internals
- Object Browser: the left pane displays a tree of all objects (processes, windows etc) that exist in a system with full expand-collapse capacities. The right pane displays all available properties, methods, fields and events of the object selected in the left pane. The right-pane view can expand details to display the object properties or select objects directly onscreen using the mouse. Capture and store a collection of properties or the image of an onscreen object for comparison with test output. Before storage, specific properties can be selected or images trimmed
- Events and Event Handler Support: trace events that occur during script execution including events that occur in TestComplete or in any ActiveX object located in an external application. Create event handlers for events and use the ProjectEvents control to handle events. The control can be placed in a Connected Application or in any other application to process the desired events. The list of events for the ProjectEvents control is customisable
- Automated Self-testing: use the TestComplete library and the result sets stored to analyse behaviour and post conclusions to the project log. Call and execute external TestComplete scripts. Self-testing code is written in application source language, has the same access to application internals as the rest of the source code and can be debugged using the same IDE debugger
- MSAA Plug-in: provides deeper access to application windows. Each window object receives a number of child objects that represent the window's title, menus, scroll bar, client area etc as programming objects in scripts. Access is provided to non-windowed controls of windows that implement the IAccessible interface. Some windows implement this interface by default (for example, forms in Visual FoxPro 7.0); the MSAA plug-in makes them more open for TestComplete without recompiling the application
- Local Variables Panel: maintains a list of variables that hold computer-dependent values such as paths to files for porting TestComplete projects from one computer to another.
TestComplete Enterprise includes TestRecorder and TestExecute that support all objects and plug-ins used in TestComplete but require fewer resources. Use TestRecorder to embed script recording capability into applications. The recorded scripts are fully compatible with TestComplete and can be run in TestComplete or in TestExecute. TestExecute, is a command line utility for running TestComplete projects and logging results on computers where TestComplete is not installed.
- Load testing involves simulating real-life workload conditions for the tested web application. It helps you determine various characteristics of the application working under a massive workload. Load tests can be run several times with different load levels to find out how various parts of your web application react to the varying load.
- Stress testing helps you identify performance bottlenecks in your web application, determine the peak load (for example, the number of users) that brings your application into an unstable state and verify that it successfully recovers from fails. Stress testing means testing beyond the limits of the expected production conditions, for example, by simulating an extremely high workload or reducing the server resources.
- Scalability testing lets you ensure that your web application is scalable, that it can handle an increased workload with added resources and determine whether it best scales up, by upgrading the server hardware or by improving the application code to distribute processing across several servers. Scalability testing is performed as a series of load tests with different server hardware or software configurations while keeping other test environment characteristics unchanged.
TestComplete - System Requirements
System RequirementsTestComplete Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Vista (both 32-bit and 64-bit editions).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (both 32-bit and 64-bit editions).
- Microsoft Windows XP (both 32-bit and 64-bit editions).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit editions).
- Microsoft Windows 2000.
- Microsoft Windows NT with Service Pack 6 or later.
TestComplete Minimum System Requirements
- Intel Pentium II 400 MHz or higher.
- Microsoft Windows 98 or later.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
- 128 MB of RAM.
- 250 MB hard disk space.
- VGA (640 480) or higher resolution monitor.
- Mouse or other pointing device.
To perform white-box testing with Java Applications, you must have one of the following Java virtual machines installed on your computer:
- MSVM, build 3309 or later.
- Sun JDK (or JRE) v. 1.1.8 or later.
- BEA JRockit 5.0.
To perform white-box testing with .NET Applications, the Microsoft .NET Framework v. 1.0.3705 or later is required.
To execute TestComplete's automated tests from test projects created in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite ver. 8.0.50727.42 or later or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers ver. 8.0.50727.42 or later are required. To install TestCompletes Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Integration package, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Release is required. To perform load testing of web servers, it is recommended that your computer meets the following requirements:
- Minimal Configuration Intel Pentium III 800 MHz. 256 MB of RAM (for 300 virtual users).
- Recommended Configuration Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz with HyperThreading, Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz or higher. 1 GB of RAM (2 GB on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008).