@RISK performs risk analysis using Monte Carlo simulation to show you many possible outcomes in your spreadsheet modeland tells you how likely they are to occur. It mathematically and objectively computes and tracks many different possible future scenarios, then tells you the probabilities and risks associated with each different one. This means you can judge which risks to take and which ones to avoid, allowing for the best decision making under uncertainty. @RISK is available in the following editions:
- Standard Edition: Advanced Simulation Engine, over 65 Built-in Distribution Functions, integrated Distribution Gallery, @RISK Function Swap and Thumbnail Graphs are some of the feautures included in this version.
- Professional Edition: Designed for professional-grade problems in any industry, it is for most commercial uses. It provides a balance of advanced analysis and point-and-click ease of use.
- Industrial Edition: Designed for your largest, most complex models, @RISK Industrial includes everything in @RISK Professional, plus the following:
- RISKOptimiser: Combines Monte Carlo simulation with sophisticated optimisation techniques to find the best combination of factors that lead to a desired result under uncertain conditions.
- Simulation of Time-series Forecasts: @RISK offers a set of functions for simulating time series processes, or values that change over time.
- Full Multi-CPU support: Speed up simulations with parallel processing by using all multi-core processors and available CPUs within a single machine.
- New and Improved Tornado Graphs: Tornado graphs have long been used to identify the critical variables affecting a risk analysis. Version 7.5 adds a new graph type called Contribution to Variance which shows the amount of the variance in the output attributable to each input variable. In addition, you can now overlay tornado graphs from multiple simulations to compare the effects of model changes. Lastly, Palisadeve added shading options on the graph bars to indicate whether inputs are high or low when the output increases or decreases.
- Faster Optimisation with RISKOptimiser: RISKOptimiser, available in @RISK Industrial, is a powerful tool that allows you to optimise linear and nonlinear problems in uncertain situations. It combines optimisation with Monte Carlo simulation and is very computationally intensive. New version 7.5 now runs at least four times faster than previous versions!
- Over 20 New @RISK Functions: Sixteen new distribution functions have been added to @RISK, along with six new statistical functions. The new functions are important for accurate, insightful modeling of uncertainty in finance, insurance, reliability and other applications.
- Run Optimisations During Simulation Without Coding: If you need to run Excel Solver during an @RISK simulation, you can now do so without writing any VBA code, saving you time. Version 7.5 makes this easy to set up via dialog box and it works for Excel Goals Seek and Palisade's Evolver as well.
- Graphing and Reporting Improvements: All @RISK graphs and reports now feature an updated, more streamlined interface, as well as support for Excels built-in themes and colors. Now you can apply your companys standard Excel themes to your @RISK reports! In addition, graphical displays have been improved for ultra-high resolution monitors.
- And More: You can now control the number of CPUs @RISK uses to run simulations. Palisadeve also added easy access to @RISK statistics functions in the Model and Summary Results windows, saving you time in modeling.
@Risk - FeaturesRisk Analysis with @RISK Risk Analysis in @RISK is a quantitative method that seeks to determine the outcomes of a decision as a probability distribution. In general, Risk Analysis with @RISK encompasses four steps:
The statistics described by these functions are the following: