ReSharperC++ makes Visual Studio a better IDE for C++ developers, providing on-the-fly code analysis, quick-fixes, powerful search and navigation, smart code completion, refactorings, a variety of code generation options and other features to help increase your everyday productivity.
ReSharper C++ 2017.1finalises Visual Studio 2017 RTM support, learns to work with theOpen Foldermode andCMakeprojects. Changes also include improved performance, extended set of postfix templates and code cleanup tasks, as well as updates to control flow inspections.
ReSharper C++ benefits:
- Analyse and improve code quality: ReSharper C++ highlights code issues in the editor and provides quick-fixes to improve code in one way or another. Unreachable code? Redundant statements? Suspicious object slicing or incorrect format specifier? ReSharper C++ will bring these and other kinds of problems to your attention and help you fix them.
- Find usages and navigate code: You can instantly jump at any file, type or type member in solution. You can search for usages of any code and enjoy a clear view of found usages, with grouping and preview options. Last but not least, you can go from any code symbol to its declaration or definition, its base or derived symbols.
- Refactor and transform code: Code refactorings for C++ help safely change your code base, which is especially important in a language as non-trivial as C++. Context actions help switch between alternative syntax constructs and serve as shortcuts to code generation actions.
- Generate common code: Code that ReSharper C++ can generate for you includes definitions, missing and overriding members, equality and relational operators, hash and swap functions. Add dozens of customisable templates and you have the tools to deal with boilerplate code faster than ever.
- Run and manage unit tests: ReSharper C++ supports running Google Test and Boost.Test based unit tests in Visual Studio. You can run and debug unit tests contextually, right from the text editor. Dedicated tool windows help you view, group, filter and run unit tests, create and manage unit test sessions.
- Use a consistent code style: Configure code formatting options and naming style, share settings with your teammates and maintaining a consistent code style should never be a problem again.
ReSharper C++ - Features
- NEW: Visual Studio 2017 RTM support
- NEW: Inspections and code cleanup enhancements
- NEW: Postfix templates extended
- NEW: Code formatting improvements
- NEW: Performance improvements
- Code Analysis: ReSharper C++ starts analysing code as soon as you open your project in Visual Studio editor and keeps reanalysing files as you edit them, detecting errors and possible problems before you even compile.
- Refactorings: ReSharperC++ provides several full-scale, mainstream refactorings such as Rename, Extract Method and Change Signature. In addition, it offers dozens of context actions, which are local code transformations available with a single shortcut.
- Coding Assistance: ReSharperC++ extends Visual Studio's ways of highlighting syntax and matching structural pieces of code, provides its own implementation of code completion and helps visualise available documentation for any C++ symbol.
- Code Generation: ReSharper C++ provides a wide variety of ways to generate boilerplate code. One way of generating code that we described above relies on quick-fixes to automatically generate symbols based on their existing usages.
- Navigation and Search: With ReSharperC++, finding your way through the source code gets a lot easier. Just search for declarations, members, method calls or members of an inheritance hierarchy with simple shortcuts.
- Code Generation: ReSharperC++ provides a variety of ways to generate boilerplate code. In addition to declaring and defining symbols based on their existing usages, it can create type members, surrounding code blocks and any code snippets that you commonly need in your code base.
- Code Style Assistance: With ReSharperC++, code formatter learns from your existing code and your formatting and code style preferences can be shared with your team members.
- Unit Testing: A Visual Studio-integrated unit test runner supports Google Test and Boost.Test frameworks.
ReSharper C++ - System Requirements
- Processor: min. Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
- For Visual Studio integration: min. 4GB, recommended 6GB or higher
- For standalone dotTrace, dotMemory, dotPeek: min. 512MB, recommended 2GB or higher
- Minimum space: 400 Mb
- Using SSD instead of HDD is recommended for optimal performance
- Operating system (a 64-bit OS is highly recommended for optimal performance):
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista (not recommended)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 (not recommended)