OpenText Exceed XDK is a software development package for porting existing X Window applications from UNIX, Linux, or VMS systems to Microsoft Windows with minimum re-programming requirements. Exceed XDK preserves your investment in X Window applications, reduces software development costs and shortens development cycles.
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Supports X11R7.7
- Xinerama extension support
- Supports Motif 2.1.30
- Supports Microsoft Visual .NET framework
- X internationalization architecture
NXPowerLite - Features
It's fast, effective and incredibly easy to use. Simply select a Word, Excel or PowerPoint file, choose your compression level and click on the 'Optimize' button. Compression settings are fully customizable, so you can choose the perfect balance between quality and compression. Batch processing options mean that you can optimize a number of files in one go, immediately freeing up large amounts of hard drive or network server storage. You can optimize files from within Word, Excel or PowerPoint - or by right-clicking them in Windows Explorer. NXPowerLite also integrates with Microsoft Outlook - so you can automatically optimize your email attachments before sending. The file recipient does not need to have NXPowerLite on their machine. Your optimized files retain their original format and all of their functionality, so they can be opened and edited by anybody with a copy of Microsoft Office.
Desktop EditionNXPowerLite Desktop Edition radically reduces the size of your Microsoft Office files in seconds. They remain in their original format and there's no unzipping required.
It's incredibly easy to use - simply select a Word, Excel or PowerPoint file, choose your compression level and click the 'Optimize' button.
- Fully integrated with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Automatically optimizes Outlook email attachments.
- Reduces image-heavy files much more than Zip compression.
- Robust software used by over 500k people worldwide.
- Developed entirely in house.
- Improve staff productivity: Saves employees the time, effort and frustration of dealing with large Microsoft Office files.
- Reduce email problems: Minimizes instances of congested inboxes and undelivered attachments.
- Cut courier costs: Enables users to email files that would previously have to be physically mailed or couriered.
- Relieve the strain on your helpdesk: Reduces the number of email-related IT support enquiries.
- Now optimises JPEG images and ZIP archives
- Improved user interface
- Simpler optimisation settings
- Adds support for Outlook Express and Windows Mail
File Server EditionNXPowerLite File Server Edition radically reduces the size of Microsoft Office files on your server. They remain in their original format and there's no unzipping required.
It recursively searches through a configurable set of directories, optimizing files and replacing the original files with the optimized versions.
- Simple to configure and deploy.
- No end-user training or interaction required.
- Contact us for a dry-run, and see how much storage you can save.
- Robust software used by over 500k people worldwide.
- Developed entirely in house.
- Instantly reduce storage requirements: Saves money on hardware upgrades and contributes to a greener storage strategy.
- Shorten backup windows: Accelerates your backup process and lowers backup media requirements.
- Decrease network traffic: Improves network response times and cuts data transfer costs.
- Relieve the strain on your helpdesk: Reduces the number of storage-related IT support enquiries.
- Improved optimisation engine for Office 2007 files
- Better compression of PNG images within Office files
- Improved support for optimizing metafiles (WMF and EMF format)
- Default optimization setting for Outlook add-in can now be set on a per-machine basis in the Registry
- Licence agreement dialog can now be suppressed on a per-machine basis
- Added Italian translation
- Added Traditional Chinese translation
- Embedded documents can now be flattened in many Word (DOC) files
- Fixed a problem that could cause Excel to give an "unable to read file" error when opening an optimized XLS file
- Fixed a problem that could cause images to be blurred or not compressed as much as they should be in PPT files
- Fixed some problems that could cause the size of images in DOC files not to be detected properly (this could have caused images to be scaled down too far or not enough)
- Fixed a problem that could cause images in XLS files saved by Excel 2007 to be blurred
- Fixed an incorrect error message being displayed when attempting to optimize DOC or XLS files created in Word or Excel 95 or earlier
- An "assertion failure" message could appear under certain rare circumstances; this is now fixed
- Fixed "last optimized size" information not being preserved after optimized files (in Office 97-2003 binary formats) were opened and resaved from within an Office application
- Clarified error message shown when attempting to optimize a password protected file
- Fixed some minor problems with French and Simplified Chinese translations
- Optimized attachments may move to the end of the message when sending Rich Text emails from Outlook 2007 without Service Pack 1. This is a bug in Outlook 2007, and can be resolved by installing Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
- When an Office 2007 file has other Office 2007 documents embedded within it, the embedded documents are optimized rather than being flattened, even if 'Flatten embedded documents' is enabled
- Pictures inside SmartArt objects are not currently optimized
- When the same picture is placed inside a SmartArt object and elsewhere in the same Word, Excel or PowerPoint file, the optimized file may be degraded or unreadable
- If a Word 2007 (DOCX) file contains two copies of an embedded document, one of which is inline and the other is floating, the inline object may be cropped or of poor quality in the optimized file
- Under specific rare circumstances with Office 2007 files, colors in an optimized picture will be noticeably darker than in the original file
- NXPowerLite now supports Open XML file formats (such as DOCX, XLSX and PPTX), as used by Office 2007 and Office 2008
- The Outlook add-in now has a 'Don't ask me this question again' option when asking whether to optimize attachments
- NXPowerLite now appears in the 'Tools' menu in Office 2000-2003
- Fixed a problem that could cause optimization to fail with the message 'Raster Image processing exception [JPEG read error]' on Windows Vista and some locked-down installations of Windows 2000 and XP
- Fixed an error 'I/O exception [HRESULT(0) - read 0 bytes]' that could occur while optimizing certain Word files
- Fixed a problem that could cause NXPowerLite to report the size of a PowerPoint files as '0 bytes' when the file was open in NXPowerLite and being accessed over a network
- Added support for Chinese language
- Minor improvements to German and Japanese language translations
- "Email" and "Zip & Email" features now work properly when requested to operate on original files
- Fixed a problem that could cause a warning to be displayed about saving changes to "normal.dot" on some locked-down installations of Word
- Fixed a problem that made it difficult to agree to the license agreement on German or Spanish versions of Windows
- Improved integration with Word 2000
- Improved Japanese language translation
- User can no longer begin batch processing without specifying an output folder
- NXPowerLite can now optimize Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- It is now possible to drag multiple files and/or folders onto the NXPowerLite icon
- Various user interface enhancements
- New MSI installer
- Windows 98 and ME no longer supported
- Danish language no longer supported
NXPowerLite - System Requirements
- NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 4.1.1 is compatible with PCs running Microsoft Windows 2000 or later.
- Microsoft Office integration requires Office 2000 or later
- Microsoft Office integration requires Office 2000 or later. Optimizes Word, Excel and PowerPoint files created in any version of Microsoft Office, from Office 97 to 2008 (or any other application that can save to Microsoft Office file formats).
- Languages: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish.
Also optimises files created in other office productivity suites (such as Google Apps, iWork, Lotus Symphony, OpenOffice or StarOffice), providing they are saved in the Microsoft Office formats.
File Server EditionNXPowerLite File Server Edition 3.7.4 is compatible with servers running Microsoft Windows 2000 or later. However, it can be tasked to optimise files on other platforms, such as NetApp servers.
Requires JScript 5.5 or later.
Optimizes Word, Excel and PowerPoint files created in any version of Microsoft Office, from Office 97 to 2008 (or any other application that can save to Microsoft Office file formats).