Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Exchange Online
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: MSOSEXCHOL
- MPN: Microsoft
SharePoint Online delivers the powerful features of SharePoint without the associated overhead of managing the infrastructure on your own. Flexible management options ensure that you still retain the control you need to meet the compliance requirements of your organisation. You can purchase SharePoint in the cloud as a standalone offering or as part of an Office 365 suite where you could also get access to Exchange, Lync, the Office clients and web apps.
- Cross Device Availability: Easily access and interact with your SharePoint newsfeed, wherever you go using the SharePoint mobile apps available across various devices.
- Easy to Manage: You can get setup in virtually no time! The powerful admin console allows your organisation to easily manage capabilities, policies and security for all the content and features within SharePoint. Automated maintenance of the servers ensure that you are always up to date with the latest features with minimal downtime.
- Enterprise Grade Reliability and Standards: Safeguard your data by hosting it in geographically distributed datacenters with continuous data backup, premier disaster recovery capabilities and a team of experts monitoring the servers around the clock.
Exchange Online - FeaturesStandard Edition Features
Dedicated Edition Features
Standard Edition Features include:
- 25-gigabyte (GB) mailbox allocated for each user
- Shared calendar, contacts and tasks
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 connectivity including Outlook Anywhere
- Browser-based Outlook web access
- Deskless worker licensing for employees who use a company PC on a limited basis
- Virus and spam filtering via Microsoft Forefront Online Security for Exchange
- Push e-mail, calendar, contacts with GAL integration and tasks for Windows Mobile 6.0 and above Push e-mail, calendar, contacts with GAL integration and tasks for Nokia E series and N series and iPhone 2.0 devices
- Multiple support options for BlackBerry users
- Built-in business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities
- 99.9% scheduled uptime with financially backed service level agreements
- HTTPS connections to help keep internet access secure
- 24/7 Web form and telephone-based Tier-2 support for IT administrators
- Sign In application for single sign-on capability
- Directory Synchronisation tool to synchronise on-premise and Microsoft Online Active Directory directory service
- e-mail co-existence enables customers to maintain on-premises Exchange Server mailboxes and Exchange Online mailboxes in an integrated e-mail environment
- Migration tools for moving current mailbox data into the online environment.
Dedicated Edition Features include:
- Built-in premium service continuity management capabilities
- Multi-level message hygiene capability including anti-spam and anti-virus
- Dedicated servers, networks and physical space in Microsoft data centres
- Microsoft Active Directory providing a single logon capability
- Secure access to e-mail from within a corporate network or from the internet
- Exchange Online probelsm resolved via the 24x7 service centre
- Sarbanes-Oxley and SAS 70 Type II self-assessment and audit support.
- Optional Archiving Service: support to satisfy regulatory retention requirements and personal e-mail management
- Optional BlackBerry Service: BED services for BlackBerry devices
- Optional Data Migration Service: automated transfer of existing e-mail data into the new environment.
Exchange Online - System Requirements
Supported system and application software for accessing Microsoft Online Services are shown in the following table.
- Windows Vista Business (SP1)
- Windows Vista Enterprise (SP1)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1)
- Windows Vista Home (SP1)
- Windows XP Professional (SP2)
- Windows XP Tablet Edition (SP2)
- Macintosh OS X 10.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
- Java client 1.4.2 (on Macintosh OS X)
Java is required only for Microsoft Office Live Meeting. In Office Live Meeting, Macintosh OS X clients will not have access to the record or to presenter information.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (only on Windows XP)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is recommended for the Microsoft Online Services Administration Center.
- Firefox 3
- Safari 3.1.2 (on Macintosh OS X)
The Microsoft Online Services Sign In application does not support Firefox.
E-mail client software
- Recommended: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 without SP1 will not have access to calendar free/busy information.
- Entourage 2008 12.1.2 (on Macintosh OS X)
Entourage will not have access to the global address list (GAL) or calendar free/busy information.
- Mail for Exchange (on Nokia)
Instant messaging software
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
Mobile device software
- Mobile devices running Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 12, such as those listed below, are supported. For the latest information on platforms and devices that are being tested, see the Microsoft Online Services Team Blog.
- Windows Mobile 6
- Windows Mobile 6.1
- Nokia E series and N series
- iPhone with firmware 2.0
Mobile devices are supported for e-mail and messaging only. Administration and other functions require a personal computer and appropriate software.
Hardware RequirementsHardware requirements for client computers used to connect to Microsoft Online Services are shown in the following table.
- Windows Vista
1 gigahertz (GHz) Pentium processor or faster and 1 gigabyte (GB) or more of system RAM
- Windows XP
500 megahertz (MHz) Pentium processor or faster (recommended 1 GHz) and 256 megabytes (MB) or more of system RAM