Help+Manual handles the complexities of documentation generation for you. Power users, however, can get under the hood and manipulate topic and layout templates and more. Help+Manual gives you the best of both worlds.
All the tools you need are at your fingertips in a single intuitive environment, and the program handles all the complex, technical aspects of the process for you. Instead of wasting countless hours "programming" your help you can focus all your energy on actually writing your documentation, so that all your working time is productive time.
Help & Manual are available in the following editions:
- Help & Manual Professional: Everything - from HTML Help to Webhelp to iPad publishing, from support for version control systems to translation and localisation tools. TheProfessional Editionalso has built-in multi-user functionality.
- Help & Manual Basic Edition: Includes everything you need to create professional online help, PDF documents and printed user manuals. To make Help+Manual even more affordable we have left out functionality not often needed by individual users, including translation support, version control and multi-user editing.
- Help & Manual Server: Everything - from HTML Help to Webhelp to iPad publishing, from support for version control systems to translation and localisation tools. TheServer Editionalso has built-in multi-user functionality.
Help and Manual - Features
- Multi-User Editing: Multiple users can work on the same project at the same time.
- WYSIWYG XML Editor: Help & Manual is a WYSIWYG XML editor that feels like Word. You don't need to know anything about XML to work with it.
- Tabbed Editors: Open multiple topics simultaneously in tabs to edit them comfortably side by side.
- Edit XML Sources Directly: Sometimes you might want to modify the underlying XML sources directly.
- Uncompressed XML Data Sources: Help & Manual uses uncompressed XML as project file format. The XML data source can be translated with external translation tools.
- Unicode Support: Full Unicode support, meaning you can create help files in up to 106 languages, including Asian languages.
- Localisation Support: Project synchronisation and the option to save a project in uncompressed XML format make translation with external tools easy.
- RoboHelp Import: Help & Manual directly imports RoboHelp project files.
- Template Support: Use and modify HTML templates for topics pages, layout templates for PDF and print, skins for e-books and browser-based help.
- Export with Skins: Use predefined HTML skins to export your documentation with professionally designed layouts at a mouse click.
- Create User Defined Skins: Customise existing HTML skins or create your own.
- Single Source: Help & Manual creates all output formats (see below) from one single source without post-processing.
- Conditional Output: Include/exclude conditions are supported for chapter, topic and text level. You can customise the export with an unlimited number of user defined builds.
- Text Variables: In addition to include/exclude options on text level, use predefined text variables or create your own.
- Dynamic Cascading Styles: Use text, paragraph and tables styles to format the content. All styles support different media types for screen and printed outputs.
- Integrated Hotspot Editor: Help & Manual has a built-in hotspot editor for graphics with dedicated support for topic links, external links, file links and macros.
- Comments and Bookmarks: Add design time comments anywhere in topics and bookmark topics for later review. Topics also support a topic status, to highlight, filter or sort topics.
- Modular Help: Seamless integration of multiple projects into each other and merged ouput. Runtime merging is optionally possible if supported by the output format.
- Repositories: Create and manage repositories for snippets and styles.
- Version Control: Help & Manual Professional has active support for Microsoft Visual SourceSafe and 100% compatibles, plus direct built-in support for SubVersion.
- Publishing Task: In addition to publishing your project to a single output format, you can also define "publishing tasks" with a list of multiple output formats and versions of your project.
Help and Manual - System Requirements
Supported OS: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP/SP3.
Hardware requirements: 2 GB RAM, up to 350 MB disk space, screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher.