Adobe FrameMaker is a tool for authoring and publishing multilingual technical content across mobile, web, desktop and print. Easily work with unstructured and structured content in the same documentation. Work faster and smarter with advanced XML/DITA capabilities. Publish content as Responsive HTML5, Mobile App, PDF, EPUB and more.
- Support for high resolution displays: Now work with the full clarity of high definition displays (up to 4K - 3840 x 2160), as FrameMaker automatically scales to fit the system resolution. Enjoy the new interface with crisp icons and a richer contrast ratio.
- New Project Manager :Manage your work better with the new Project Manager that lets you drag and drop assets to a document and organise files with ease.
- Search faster with autocomplete: Deliver a best-in-class search experience to end users with first-of-its-kind search autocomplete and more contextual search results. Provide users with automatic suggestions as they type, displaying the frequency of occurrence for each alongside.
- Content personalization for DITA content: Now directly use DITA attributes for content as criteria in Dynamic Content Filters, making it even easier to create personalised content experiences for your end users.
- Leaner HTML5 output: Ensure content loads faster for users with the default HTML5 output that cleans itself up to exclude any extra files, resulting in as much as a 50% reduction in loading time.
FrameMaker - Features
- Smoother import of Microsoft Word files: Map styles while importing Word documents into FrameMaker or create new ones automatically from the imported styles. Bring in Word formatting and inline Word styles. Configure settings just once and reuse them across your Word documents.
- Reorganised menu: Work more intuitively with reorganised menu options that are now more logically distributed. Easily insert images, files, variables, elements and more via the new ‘Insert’ menu. Find menu commands faster by using the new menu search feature.
- Bidirectional language support: Enjoy support for right-to-left(RTL) languages— Arabic, Hebrew, and Farsi. Work with RTL and left-to-right (LTR) content in the same paragraph, document or book. Reduce DTP work with the new direction property. Set up the document and flip it—all inherited objects will also change direction.
- Out-of-the-box Dropbox integration: Share content easily with subject matter experts and other reviewers and keep documents automatically updated with review comments. Choose whether to upload dependent files.
- Next-generation Responsive HTML5 layouts: Deliver personalised content experiences with new frameless Responsive HTML5 layouts that have best-in-class search and navigation. Enjoy a richer viewing experience as layout icons have been optimised for HD displays. Show or hide widgets, such as glossary and TOC.
FrameMaker - System Requirements
- Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or 7
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- 3GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- DVD-ROM drive
- JRE 8
- Maximum supported screen resolution 4K (3480 X 2160, 8.3 megapixel, aspect ratio 16:9)
- This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to Online Services.^ Phone activation is not available.
- Microsoft Office 365 (only documents downloaded from Office 365) or Microsoft Word 2013, 2010.
- Adobe Acrobact Pro DC (2015 release) or XI
- Adobe Captivate 9 or 8
- EMC Documentum 7.2 or 6.7
- Microsoft Sharepoint 2013 or 2010
- Adobe Experience Manager (previously Adobe CQ) 6.2 and 6.1
- DITA-OT 2.3
- Adobe Robohelp Server 10