Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: FILEPROP
The Desaware File Property control enables reading and writing of file properties that are part of Microsoft Office and other structured storage files and reading and writing of file properties for any files located on Microsoft Windows 2000 NTFS drives. The File Property control is useful for adding properties to documents or for searching through files on a drive for certain attributes. It includes a sample project that enables a search for files containing certain properties.
FileMaker - FeaturesFileMaker Pro FileMaker Pro Advanced FileMaker Server 9 & Server 9 Advanced File Maker Mobile
FileMaker Pro is easy-to-use database software for Windows and Mac OS that helps you manage people, projects, assets and more.
Get started quicklyThe award-winning ease of use that is built into every aspect of FileMaker Pro continues to be praised by millions of customers and industry experts around the world. With its easy installation and setup, you’ll be up and running in a matter of minutes — not hours or days.
Gather your information in one place
Information comes in many forms, from business cards to Microsoft® Excel files, images to SQL Server data – FileMaker Pro helps you bring it all together with a few clicks. Convert Excel spreadsheets and other files to FileMaker Pro databases for easier searching, sorting, reporting, and sharing. Or use powerful productivity features designed to make data entry much faster and more accurate.
Instant access to the information you need
Use FileMaker Pro to organize, sort through, and find information from individual contacts to large data sets. When someone calls, you will have the contact history, the project state, or the shipment status right at hand. Bring up records by date, location, or content. Create formulas and calculations and summaries. You will be amazed how easy it is to be informed.
Report and communicate all your information
Transform data into useful information by creating reports and layouts that work the way you do. FileMaker Pro comes complete with step-by-step tools that help you create reports and then email them to your colleagues as Adobe® PDF or Excel files. Or choose from hundreds of pre-defined templates for labels and envelopes to help get the word out with ease.
Power to take you further
Build powerful yet flexible custom applications using the FileMaker Pro relational database management system. Design complete scalable solutions for your organization and automate repetitive tasks with the powerful scripting language, all without the help of a programmer.
Built-in network sharing and security
Securely sharing databases is easy with FileMaker Pro. Windows and Mac OS FileMaker Pro users on the same network can access the same database file simultaneously. And with the advanced security model in FileMaker Pro, you can determine what your users can do and see.
Connect with the Web
Publishing basic web forms or web-based status updates and lists is simple with the Instant Web Publishing feature built into FileMaker Pro. You can create web forms for event sign-ups, customer feedback and service requests. Or setup security privileges for your clients so they can login through their web browser to get a status update. And you can harness the information that is available on the Web by using the FileMaker Web Viewer to get real-time information from the Web that is associated with your data without having to open a Web browser.
The Top 10 Things You Can Do Faster and Easier with FileMaker Pro 9:
- Manage customers, clients, and vendors
- Track inventory, products, and assets
- Organize pictures, video and other multimedia files
- Access project details and associated tasks
- Print invoices, letters and mailing labels
- Produce reports in PDF or Excel formats
- Create customized electronic forms that look just like your paper forms
- Design a custom application that works the way you do
- View live Web information associated with your data from within FileMaker
- Share databases with Windows and Mac users simultaneously over the network or across the Web.
FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced includes all the features of FileMaker Pro 9 plus a suite of advanced development and customization tools to help you design and develop more powerful, more customized database solutions.
Design and develop databases faster and easier
Customize your database even more by renaming, adding, or deleting menu and toolbar items. Add tooltips to layout objects to make your layouts more intuitive. Even create standalone, runtime applications.
Debug and troubleshoot more efficiently
FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced includes essential debugging and reporting tools that help you build stable, reliable solutions more efficiently. It’s easier than ever to pinpoint problem areas by reviewing scripts step-by-step in the Script Debugger. You can monitor fields, variables, expressions, and even test calculation formulas with the Data Viewer, as well as temporarily disable script steps to test portions of your scripts.
Modify and maintain with ease
Once you’ve designed and deployed your database, the FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced database reporting and optimization features will help you update solutions more easily and keep them running at peak performance. Update databases faster by importing multiple tables or by using copy/paste to move fields, tables, scripts, and script steps. Get comprehensive information on database schema and options, like fields, web viewers, layouts, Custom Menus, and more with the Database Design Report. Plus, the FileMaker Maintenance Tools will ensure you’re getting maximum performance from your solutions.
Top 10 ways to turbocharge your solutions using FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced:
- Customize menus and toolbars by renaming, adding, or deleting menu items or replacing entire menus with your own choices for a completely customized solution. When you update a menu the associated toolbar icons, context menus, window options, keyboard shortcuts, and the Mode menus are automatically updated to match.
- Make your layouts more informative by adding tooltips to fields or layout objects. Tooltips are static text or can be based on calculated results. Either way you will provide more insights into your data, and deliver essential information without cluttering your layout.
- Build or modify databases faster by importing multiple tables at once or by using copy/paste to move fields and tables in or across files.
- Pinpoint problem areas as you step through scripts in a Script Debugger. You can even temporarily disable scripts to test portions of a script.
- Keep an eye on current field values, variables, or expressions with the Data Viewer. Debug scripts and test calculation formulas without modifying your underlying database schema.
- Create standalone runtime solutions that do not require the FileMaker Pro application to be installed.
- Create a kiosk-based application where all menus are hidden — great for event registrations, surveys, and collecting names for mailing lists.
- Build more robust calculations and extend database capabilities with Custom Functions and the External Function Plug-in API.
- Generate a report that provides comprehensive information on your database schema and options, like fields, tables, Custom Menus, FileMaker Web Viewers, and more with the Database Design Report. It’s invaluable as a troubleshooting tool by locating missing fields, broken relationships, problem calculations, and more.
- Use the file maintenance tools to maximize database performance and to compact and recover unused space for faster access.
Share your databases with ease
FileMaker Pro has outstanding peer-to-peer sharing built right in. So why add a server? There are three key reasons: expanded availability, enhanced security and increased performance.
Simply install FileMaker Server software on a dedicated computer and upload your FileMaker Pro databases to the server. You and your team will instantly realize how fast and easy it is to access your databases 24/7, schedule automated backups, and find information and much more!
Whether you have a team of two or a department of hundreds, FileMaker Server makes it effortless to securely share your FileMaker Pro databases with Windows and Mac OS users on your network or over the Web.
Which one is right for you?
There are two versions of FileMaker server software. FileMaker Server lets you share your databases with unrivaled availability, security, and performance, over the network or on your website. But if you want up to 100 simultaneous users to access a database that has been published using Instant Web Publishing or if you want to use an ODBC or JDBC client to submit SQL queries or statements to a FileMaker Pro database, you’ll want FileMaker Server 9 Advanced.
Use the chart below to decide which one is right for you.
FileMaker Server 9
FileMaker Server 9 Advanced
|Fast and Easy Setup|
Installs in 20 minutes or less
No special hardware is required
Easy to upload your database files
Software Update Notification
Admin Console is accessible from any computer on your network
Graphical representation of uptime status of all server components
Email notifications deliver warnings and completion of scheduled activities
Real-time user monitoring lets you see detailed information about logged-in users
Scheduled automatic backups to protect against accidental data loss
Encrypt all communications between FileMaker Pro clients and FileMaker Server using super-secure SSL encryption
Admin console can be accessed remotely allowing you to physically secure the computer
Server-side searches and calculations provide faster access to results
Server-side scripting helps maintain databases during off-peak hours
Takes advantage of fast running hardware
Share your database over your network with 2 or more simultaneous users
Supports many more simultaneous users than a FileMaker Pro Client*
|PHP Web Publishing|
Connect FileMaker Pro to your existing website with PHP or XSLT
|Connect to External SQL Data SourcesCreate secure live connections to MS SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL data sources, which are shared by all of your users|
|ODBC/JDBC Data Source|
ODBC/JDBC Data Source Using an ODBC or JDBC client, submit SQL queries or statements to a FileMaker Pro database
|Instant Web Publishing|
One-click publishing of forms for the Web
Supports many more simultaneous browser users than a FileMaker Pro Client **
|CompatibilitySupports sharing amongst FileMaker Pro 7, 8, 8.5 and 9 clients|
* Up to 250 simultaneous users versus a maximum of 9 simultaneous users with a FileMaker Pro client.
** Up to 100 simultaneous users versus a maximum of 5 simultaneous web users with a FileMaker Pro client.
FileMaker Mobile 8 is a companion to FileMaker Pro 8 and and FileMaker Pro 8.5 designed specifically for Palm OS and Pocket PC handhelds. FileMaker Mobile 8 lets you easily extend your FileMaker solutions beyond your desktop to mobile individuals and to workgroups by syncing with all FileMaker products. With its powerful viewing options, easy data entry features, and two-way synchronization, youll manage your information with ease and have instant access to details while on the go!
- Have information at your fingertips - Load tables, field names, and data from your existing FileMaker Pro databases with just a few clicks. Specify shorter field names for easier viewing on your handheld. Supports multiple field formats, such as checkboxes, date and time fields, and notes fields.
- Easily manage your information while on the go - View, modify, find, sort, add, and delete information on your hand- held in an intuitive interface. Sort data by tapping a column heading. FileMaker Mobile 8 works with most popular Palm and Pocket PC devices.
- Now sync with all FileMaker 8 products - FileMaker Mobile 8 now lets you take important information on the go and sync to solutions hosted by your favorite FileMaker product. Includes support for FileMaker Server 8 for even greater workgroup productivity
- Get started quickly - FileMaker Mobile 8 comes with six pre-designed ready-to-use Starter Solutions to help you easily get started. You are good to go, managing Contacts, Assets, Student Records and more.
- Expanded workgroup support - With the push of a button, keep your handheld data and your desktop or hosted data in sync. With its ability to transfer just the data you want to one or more handhelds from standalone or shared databases, FileMaker Mobile 8 keeps you and your team in sync.
File Property - System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000 or NT 4.0
- Visual Basic 5.0 or later.