FinePrint is a Microsoft Windows printer driver that provides advanced printing capability. Print between two and eight pages on a single sheet or enable double sided printing and also print booklets, combine multiple print jobs, save to BMP, TIFF, EMF and JPEG formats and superimpose on a custom electronic letterhead. It includes a universal print preview, page deletion and insertion and the ability to add watermarks, headers and footers.
- Universal print previewer
- Delete unwanted pages
- Convert to grayscale
- Remove blank pages
- Crop pages
- Edit text
- Remove unwanted text and images
- Print multiple pages on a single sheet
- Print electronic letterhead
- Archive print jobs
FinePrint - FeaturesFinePrint Workstation Edition
FinePrint Server Edition
New Features in Version 6
FinePrint saves ink, paper, time and money by controlling and enhancing printed output.
- Print Preview
Universal print preview with editing capability. Delete pages re-sequence jobs.
- Ink Saver
Provides options to convert colored text to black and skip graphics.
- Multiple Pages on a single sheet
Print 2, 4 or 8 pages on a single sheet of paper.
- Watermarks Headers and Footers
Watermark, header and footer option allows documents to be marked with the date, time, system variables or custom text.
- Forms and Letterheads
Allows creation of electronic forms and letterhead. The preview feature shows how output will appear before you print it to ensure correct alignment.
- Combine Print Jobs
Allows multiple documents to be combined together as a single print job. This is useful for creating booklets based on web pages, etc.
- File conversion
Save pages and jobs to TIFF, JPEG, BMP, text and FP formats.
- Clipboard Support
Any printed output can be copied to the clipboard for easy pasting into other applications.
- Double Sided Printing Support
Booklet making and double sided printing are supported with all documents and printers. Booklets create a professional touch to all documents and are easy to read and carry. Double sided printing cuts paper use in half and reduces travel weight.
- Paper Scaling
Allows large pages to be scaled to that they fit on standard paper sizes such as letter or A4.
- Adjustable Margins
Margin adjustment allows for increased text sizes for better readability, by using more of the printable area on the page.
- Gutter Support
Gutter capability provides space for binding documents.
- Multiple FinePrinters
Multiple FinePrinters can be created. This allows the creation of "virtual printers" that have different pre-defined settings. For example, you could have a "booklet printer" that automatically prints a booklet or a "letterhead printer" that prints on your letterhead without the FinePrint dialog box appearing.
- Centralized Installation
Install SE on a Windows server, and any user can install by connecting to a shared printer. Admin access to the workstation is not required with SE.
- Centralized Updates
When a new version of SE is installed on the server, client users are automatically updated to the new version.
- Network Client Support
SE supports clients running Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and NT including laptops and Terminal Server/Citrix clients.
- Shared configuration
Common settings can be placed on the server for propagation to workstations. For example, PDF security parameters or letterheads saved on the server will be copied to workstations or thin clients.
- License management
SE ensures license compliance and allows monitoring and control of license usage on a single server or a group of connected servers.
- Configurable user interface
Product features can be removed from the user interface if desired. It is also possible to define default settings and remove particular user interface controls ensuring that settings do not change.
Improvements to the user interface include:
- More effective use of printers through excluding inappropriate printers from the list available to FinePrint
- More effective use of printers by assigning meaningful nicknames to printers that enable users to make more appropriate printer selection.
- Simplified and directed printer usage by check box specification of the features available to users.
- Encourage paper saving by showing users their savings to date and the savings of the current job settings
New functionality includes:
- pan and zoom of the preview
- page order rearrangement
- coloured stamps
- a specifiable and visible binding edge to specify and confirm page orientation
- improved driver settings including compression, margins and graphics resolution
FinePrint - System Requirements
- Windows Vista, XP, 2000, NT with at least 128mb RAM.
- Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Server.