Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Direct Oracle Access
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: DIRORACL
- MPN: Allround Automations
Direct Oracle Access component for Delphi or C++Builder provides direct access to any Oracle database bypassing the BDE. The components provide high performance and allow the use of all Oracle specific features, eliminating the distribution and configuration problems of the BDE. Direct Oracle Access has native support for Oracle8 enabling new Oracle8 features including LOB data types and Oracle8's Object extension.
Key features include:
- Easy application distribution: you can deploy your application without many of the version dependency or configuration problems typically involved with middleware installation.
- Oracle Package support: provides a TOraclePackage component that allows you to easily call packaged program units without detailed declarations of these program units and their parameters.
- TOracleDataSet: the dataset component in Direct Oracle Access supports Oracle record locking, record refreshing, server generated values, automatic sequence value generation and BLOB compression.
- Query By Example mode: the TOracleDataSet component has a Query By Example mode that enables you to provide QBE Forms in your application without any additional programming and without any additional components or controls.
- Oracle Monitor: it displays the SQL, variables, timestamp, elapsed time, network statistics, database statistics and query execution plan of each activity.
- Alert and Pipe events: includes a dbms alert and dbms pipe package for event processing.
- SQL scripts: if you need to execute many data definition language (DDL) statements, for example to perform the database installation part of your application, you can use the TOracleScript component.
- Advanced Queueing: provides a convenient way to enqueue messages into a queue or to dequeue messages from a queue.
Direct Oracle Access - FeaturesDirect Oracle Access component for Delphi or C++Builder provides direct access to any Oracle database bypassing the BDE. The components provide high performance and allow the use of all Oracle specific features, eliminating the distribution and configuration problems of the BDE. Direct Oracle Access has native support for Oracle8 enabling new Oracle8 features including LOB data types and Oracle8's Object extension. Direct Oracle Access has native support for Oracle8 enabling new Oracle8 features including LOB data types and Oracle8's Object extension. Access an Oracle database directly, skipping the Borland Database Engine and only using (32 bits) SQL*Net with seven components:
- TOracleEvent and TOracleProvider).
- No distribution, installation or configuration of the BDE
- Use any* 32 bits Delphi/C++Builder version to develop Client/Server applications
- No BDE overhead or tradeoffs: queries will run up to five times faster
- Automatic Master/Detail configuration using TOracleDataSet
- Automatically enforce server-constraints on the client using TOracleDataSet
- Make use of server generated values (defaults, trigger modified columns) in a TOracleDataSet
- Query By Example mode for high performance queryable forms without any programming
- Use PL/SQL blocks for server logic in your application
- Increase batch performance with array DML and PL/SQL Tables
- Easy access to stored packages through the TOraclePackage component
- Encapsulation of standard Oracle packages (dbms alert, dbms pipe, dbms job, utl file)
- Handle dbms alert signals and dbms pipe messages in the background of applications
- Many Oracle specific features supported (Savepoints, SQLTrace, SetTransaction)
- Compatible with SQL*Net 1 to Net8 and with Personal Oracle Lite to Oracle8i.
* The standard edition of Delphi 5 and C++Builder 4 do not have database support and cannot be used with Direct Oracle Access.
Direct Oracle Access provides native support for Oracle, allowing use of all new Oracle8 features such as the new LOB data types and Oracle's Object extension. The components are available in two versions, the Standard version and the Object version. The Object version allows use of Oracle's Object extension through the TOracleObject and TOracleReference
Direct Oracle Access - System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000 or XP client
- SQL*#042;Net, Net 8 or Net 9
- Oracle Server versions 7x, 8x, 8i or 9i on any platform
- Delphi, C++Builder or Kylix.