Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: DB Change Manager
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: DBARTCHA
- MPN: Idera
Embarcadero DB Change Manager XE2 is a tool that helps database administrators and developers simplify, automate and report on database changes. It supports all major databases from a single interface to streamline development and ensure database availability, performance and compliance. DB Change Manager XE2’s compare, synchronisation and auditing capabilities track changes, roll out new releases and pinpoint problems.
- Single interface for all major DBMSes.
- Schema archive snapshots, compare and synchronisation.
- Data compare and synchronisation with custom mapping features.
- Configuration audits.
- One-to-many comparison jobs.
- Advanced alter script generation; handles object dependencies and preserves data.
- Integrate with Source Code Control (SCC).
- Command line API.
- Flexible report formats, including HTML, PDF, XML, CSV, RTF.
DB Change Manager - FeaturesChange Manager enables database administrators to archive, compare, synchronise and migrate application schemas on Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server and DB2 Universal Databases. It automates and streamlines the complex and error-prone task of maintaining application database schemas on multiple platforms and leverages the skills of experienced DBAs and developers by using a common interface for all supported DBMS platforms while guarding against mistakes, potential data loss and application downtime. DBArtisan Change Manager can save many hours of valuable time by automating laborious and painstaking tasks resulting in greater productivity and assists in the recording and analysis of schema changes through the following capabilities:
- Capture the definition of a set of database objects into an offline archive
- Compare a database catalogue to one or more other database catalogues
- Compare an offline archive to one or more database catalogues
- Compare two offline archives with each other.
In addition to recording and analysing database schema changes, DBArtisan Change Manager generates comprehensive and accurate SQL scripts to assist in the deployment of schema changes to one or more target database catalogues.
- Restore one or more objects from an offline archive
- Synchronise one or more database catalogues with a single source database catalogue
- Synchronise one or more database catalogues with a single source offline archive
- Copy object definitions and data from a source database catalogue to one or more targets
- Copy object definitions from an offline archive to one or more targets.
DBArtisan Change Manager also offers powerful job notification capabilities, comprehensive HTML-based reporting facilities, and tight integration with other Embarcadero database management and development tools.
NEW Features in version 2.1.0:
- Import archive Wizard
- System object filtering
- Bug fixes.
- Capture Facility: takes a snapshot image or version of a database schema (or database schema subset) and stores this information within an offline archive. An archive is a file-based container for one or more versions. Each time that a capture operation is executed, a new version is added to the associated archive. Define a Capture operation by invoking an intuitive five-step wizard that guides you through the process of defining a Schema Capture Job. Use the Schema Capture Job Wizard to specify a datasource to capture and then specify the job scope in terms of object types and object ownership. Capture objects used by a single application or a single user or capture all object types or selected object types. Once the job profile has been saved it can then be executed immediately or scheduled for
later execution. Capture jobs are typically scheduled to run on a recurring basis such as every night or every week. By putting the resulting schema archive file on a central (backed-up) file server and running regularly scheduled capture jobs, DBArtisan Change Manager will act as a logical backup facility for database schema. This enables comparison and/or restoration of the definition of any database object to an earlier version. Benefits include:
- Reverse-engineer a database schema when no source is available
- Maintain a complete history of all changes made to a database schema
- Investigate prior schema changes through an easy-to-use drill-down-and-display process
- Restore previous versions of one or more database objects is achieved
- Perform comparisons between versions and database catalogues
- Synchronise datasources with an older versions
- Provide a method for logical database backup through regularly scheduled capture jobs
- Annotate prior versions of schema for future reference
- Generate HTML-based reports to document archived versions.
- Compare Facility: analyses the differences between database schemas and optionally generates SQL synchronisation scripts and HTML-based reports. It checks for the existence and the non-existence of database objects and DDL differences between database objects. Compare operations begin by invoking an intuitive five-step wizard providing a guide through the process of defining a Schema Comparison Job. Use the Schema Compare Job Wizard to specify a source schema and one or more target datasources to compare. There are two types of comparisons that can be implemented:
- Catalogue-to-catalogue: compares live database catalogues. Comparisons must be between like platforms (e.g. Oracle-to-Oracle)
- Archive-to-catalogue: compares a specific version of an archive produced by the Capture Facility to a live database catalogue.
Note bene: Archive-to-Archive Comparisons are not available when setting up a Comparison job. However two versions of an archive can be compared in an adhoc, unscheduled manner within the Archive Manager Window. Once the comparison type is set, the Compare Job Wizard enables the specification of the scope of the Compare job by using object ownership and object type filters. The Compare Facility offers numerous options to control the reporting of:
- Objects that exist on the source but not on the target. (CREATE on target)
- Objects that do not exist on the source but do exist on the target. (DROP on target)
- Objects that exist on both source and target and that have different definitions. (ALTER on target).
The comparison process can be configured to check for all three of the above conditions or any combination. For example, create a compare job that merely checks production targets for objects that have been added and that may need to be dropped or configure the comparison process to:
- Ignore Storage Parameters differences
- Ignore Upper Case/Lower Case differences
- Ignore Object Permissions differences
- Ignore White Space in text object comparisons
- Ignore table column order differences
- Ignore constraint name differences
- Not compare system objects.
The DBArtisan Change Manager Compare Facility has two output modes:
- Graphical Output Option: The graphical output option displays a drill-down comparison results window when the comparison operation is complete. Comparison jobs created using this option cannot be scheduled due to the graphical nature
- File Based Output Option: The file-based output option has no visual output. The comparison result reports and SQL synchronisation scripts are sent to files. This type of comparison job can be run in an adhoc manner but is primarily intended to be scheduled for later execution.
The Compare Facility offers the following capabilities:
- Manage-By-Exception using the Notification & Scheduling capabilities.
- Interactively view the union, intersection and differences.
- Perform impact analysis of possible changes.
- Easily generate target synchronization scripts.
- Generate HTML-based reports that can be posted to an Intranet.
- Maintain multiple production servers using the multi-target capabilities of compare.
- Migration Facility: enables copying of any set of database object definitions from a source schema to one or more target databases. This facility is similar to that found in Embarcadero DBArtisan with the difference that it allows the migration of schema archives and supports multi-target migration operations. Define a Migration operation by invoking an intuitive four-step wizard that guides you through the process of defining a Schema Migration Job. Use the Schema Migration Job Wizard to specify a source schema and one or more target databases. There are two types of migrations that can be specified:
- Catalogue-to-catalogue: migrates live database catalogues with the option of moving table data
- Archive-to-catalogue: migrates a specific version of an archive produced by the Capture Facility to one or more database target catalogues.
Copy tables, data, views, indices and users between databases of different vendor types. For example, copy Sybase database objects to an Oracle database and vice versa. This capability is available for catalogue-to-catalogue and archive-to-catalogue migrations. Benefits gained from the use of the Migration Facility include:
- Create test databases with data
- Perform ad-hoc migrations of a single object or object type
- Create backup databases
- Perform multi-target migrations of database schemas.
- Scripting Facility: a powerful scripting facility to view, edit and execute scripts against any target database. The scripting window has numerous productivity features to assist in synchronising and restoring database schemas. In addition to basic batch execution capabilities, the scripting facilities offer:
- Step-Execute (previous batch, next batch, skip batch)
- Settable Bookmarks
- Database Error Reporting
- Platform-specific Syntax Highlighting.
- Notification Capabilities: multi-recipient job notification capabilities via e-mail and the Windows Net-Send facility. Default notification values can be set up using the application option dialogue and used globally when defining new schema jobs. DBArtisan Change Manager will send notification of the completion of any job indicating a successful completion or failure of the job along with the elapsed time taken to execute the job. It can automatically create HTML-based comparison reports and mail them as attachments with any job completion notification mail
- Reporting Capabilities: creates neatly formatted and comprehensive HTML-based reports of several types:
- Schema Comparison Reports: Comparison reports can be generated after the ad-hoc execution of any comparison operation or after scheduled comparison jobs and subsequently mailed as attachments to multiple recipients
- Archive Version Reports: Schema Reports can be generated from any archive version to produce complete documentation of a schema at any point in time
- Migration Error Reports: Migration operations automatically produce comprehensive error reports.
DB Change Manager - System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98,NT 4, 2000 or XP
- 32 MB memory
- 35 MB disk space
- Client Connectivity Utilities.