Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Rapid SQL
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: RAPIDSQL
- MPN: Idera
Rapid SQL provides you with a single standard interface for SQL scripting and debugging across database environments.
Rapid SQL is available in the following editions:
- Standard Edition: Designed for both the Business Analyst in need of analysing data through SQL queries and the Database Developer who needs to write queries and create/modify schemas and objects.
- Professional Edition: Designed for Database Developers who benefit from robust SQL debugging capabilities. Professional edition also includes a PL/SQL Profiler (Oracle only).
- Develop SQL Code Quickly, Efficiently: The SQL IDE is a clean, slick development environment ideal for creating and modifying SQL code geared toward your needs. Real-time quick fixes flag and correct inefficient SQL automatically. The IDE is also equipped with SQL code assist, real-time SQL syntax validation, and project-level SQL file cataloging and search features.
- Visually Accelerate Query Building: Save time and start developing SQL code immediately with Visual Query Building tools. Rapid SQL gives you the ability to construct complex SQL statements with point-and-click ease using the Visual Query Builder.
- Debug SQL Code, Functions, and Stored Procedures: SQL Debugger simplifies the task of finding coding errors. The SQL Debugger is another database productivity tool that lets you debug SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase ASE or DB2 stored procedures as well as Oracle functions. The Debugger features basic execution, line-by-line execution, breakpoint support, and other common debugging features.
- Collaborate Effectively with Version Control: Collaborate with your team with version control, reverse-engineering, and source code repository capabilities. Rapid SQL incorporates version control functions and build management facilities to help you manage and build projects. The product provides seamless integration with most commercial version control packages and support for all operations including get, checkout, check-in, history and diff.
- Support Data Governance Initiatives through Inline Metadata: Enhance the data quality of your organisation with Rapid SQLs developer capabilities. Instantly gain valuable context to SQL query development and become aware of sensitive data stemming from PII, regulatory, data governance policies and their policy owners.
Rapid SQL - FeaturesRapid SQL is an integrated development environment that enables developers to create, edit, version, tune and deploy server-side objects residing on Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 and Sybase databases. Its HTML and Java programming facilities create a unified development environment for database and web programming and extensive graphical facilities simplify SQL scripting, object management, reverse-engineering, database project management, version control and schema deployment.
NEW Features in version 7.3 include:
- Code Analyst: perform detailed response time analysis on the execution of stored procedures and functions. Benchmark the execution of one or more stored procedures or functions to determine exactly what code objects and lines of code are taking the longest to run. Store response time metrics and perform comparisons of current execution times to determine deviations from previous acceptable response times
- Code Workbench: enable table column automatic lookup and population in the ISQL window, define automatic replacement expressions that can be used to insert commonly used SQL syntax or commands, define code templates that can be added to open windows or scripts and import and export Code Workbench settings to enable client-sharing
- Data Import Wizard: create INSERT statements based on external files including Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and text files.
- Support for new DBMS features in Oracle 9i, DB2 UDB 8.1, SQL Server and Sybase
- Updated Oracle PL/SQL Profiler including new graphical analysis capabilities for identifying bottlenecks within poorly running database code
- User-defined explorer bookmarks
- Keyboard hotkeys
- Editor emulation mode
- Support for UDB Enterprise Edition Extended (EEE)
- Create and maintain code on all distributed DB2 servers
- Support for IBM DB2 OS/390 Databases including:
- Project Management and integration with SCC compliant Version Control systems
- Code Generation for Statements and Procedures
- OS/390 Favorites Code templates
- Paste SQL and SQL Syntax.
- Visual SQL Statement Creation and Data Editing: use the Embarcadero Query Builder to construct complicated SQL statements using point-and-click. Rapid SQL automatically generates code as objects and methods are selected. The built-in syntax checking facility ensures that all SQL statements are built and run correctly. The DataGrid allows programmers to edit data in an ad-hoc fashion directly within Rapid SQL. Data may be added, changed or removed on a row-by-row basis or all modifications can be saved together and sent as one unit of work to the database. All referential integrity constraints are enforced in every editing session
- High Productivity: a number of programming aids that facilitate the writing of server-side logic. Features include:
- A code generation facility for stored procedures, functions and Oracle packages
- A multiple-workspace graphical environment (multiple MDI desktops)
- Multiple, concurrent DBMS connections
- A powerful database catalogue browser
- Parallel multi-threaded queries
- Off-line coding capabilities
- Syntax highlighting for Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, Java and HTML
- Automatic, split-screen error location
- Syntax assistance facilities
- Floating describe window for tables, views, procedures, etc.
- Graphical database object browser windows
- Quick full-screen capabilities.
- Web Development Facilities: use Rapid SQL to browse data in an Oracle database, debug a PL/SQL procedure in the Oracle database, compile a Java program and edit a Web page. Rapid SQLs Web-oriented productivity features include:
- HTML and Java editor windows with syntax highlighting
- A built-in Java-enabled browser for testing HTML and Java Applets
- Split-screen error reporting and auto-location for Java
- Integration with any Java compiler including the Sun Microsystems JDK.
- Database Project Management: organise and categorise database objects into an off-line SQL source code repository that can be managed via a graphical tree interface. Work with original SQL source code rather than with live database objects. A powerful reverse-engineering facility can extract a pre-defined subset of existing objects from a live database into a Rapid SQL project producing an individual file for each database object
- Built-In Version Control: seamless integration with most commercial version control packages including Microsoft Source Safe and PVCS. Projects can be placed under a central version control system with just a few mouse clicks, enabling multiple developers to work on the same project. All version control operations such as get, check-out, check-in, history and diff are supported
- SQL Scripting Power: powerful scripting facilities including:
- Drag-and-drop script files from the favourite scripts window or Microsoft Explorer
- Fast, single-click script window creation
- DDL extraction from object browser windows
- Describe from cursor feature
- Configurable command recall facility
- Read-only mode that protects against unintentional changes
- SQL syntax paste facility that provides on-line references for all supported RDBMS SQL
- Graphical Oracle explain plan
- Oracle DBMS OUTPUT
- Sybase and Microsoft execute options
- SQL Server show plan and statistics I/O.
- Tuning Integration: integration with Embarcadero SQL Tuner that allows users who are working with a set of SQL in Rapid SQL to send it directly to Embarcadero SQL Tuner to obtain the best possible performing query. Once the SQL is tuned, it can be returned to Rapid SQL with a click of a button. Stored procedures, Triggers and other database code can be tuned properly before being rolled out into production. This functionality is available within Rapid SQLs ISQL Editor and Query Builder
- Graphical Object Management: DBMS platform and version-specific graphical object editors and wizards enable the creation, dropping or alteration of most database object types including tablespaces, rollback segments, tables, constraints, permissions, indices, views, users, procedures, functions, triggers, groups, rles, profiles and packages. Standardised, multi-tabbed, graphical object editors for each database object type allow developers to move from managing a SQL Server or Sybase schema to managing an Oracle schema and vice versa. Rapid SQL has full knowledge of the underlying DBMS system catalogue, syntax and alteration rules. Delete or insert columns in a table while preserving data, dependencies and permissions. Rapid SQL analyses the database catalogue to determine its structure and then generates the SQL script required for the alteration automatically. Rapid SQL unloads and reloads the data automatically when a full table alteration is required
- Optional Debugging and Profiling Functionality:Embarcadero offers two optional modules:
- Embarcadero SQL Debugger: debug programmable objects such as stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers
- SQL Profiler: capture metrics of various PL/SQL programmable objects on Oracle 8i such as stored procedures and functions as they are executed in the database. This information helps to identify and isolate efficiency and performance problems and is stored in a database for future reference.
- Non-Invasive Installation:Rapid SQL does not install its own helper objects such as views or stored procedures on production database servers and requires a client-side installation only
- DBMS Support:support is provided for the following DBMS versions running on UNIX and Windows NT-based servers:
- Sybase System 11.9.2 & 12.x
- MS SQL Server 6.5, 7.0, 2000
- Oracle 7.x, 8.x & 9i
- IBM DB2 UDB 5.x, 6.x & 7.x.
- Windows 98, NT 4 , 2000 or XP
- 32 MB memory
- 37.5 MB disk space
- Client connectivity utilities for native connectivity
- A supported ODBC driver for ODBC.
Rapid SQL - System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows NT,2000 or XP
- 64 MB RAM
- 42 MB available hard disk space
- Client connectivity utilities for native connectivity
- A supported ODBC driver or ODBC. ,?UL>
The Profiler is available for installations of Oracle version 8.1.5 or higher only.