Altova XMLSpy 2017 is an XML editor for modeling, editing, transforming and debugging XML-related technologies. It offers one of the worlds leading graphical schema designer, a code generator, file converters, debuggers, profilers, full database integration, support for XSLT, XPath, XQuery, WSDL, SOAP, XBRL, JSON and Office Open XML (OOXML), plus Visual Studio and Eclipse integration.
XMLSpy provides unsurpassed compliance with the latest industry standards, from XML Schema 1.1, XSLT 3.0 and XQuery 3.1, to WSDL 2.0, Open XML and XBRL. And, it is the only XML editor with Smart Fix validation featuring auto-correction and the unique ability to generate eye catching charts based on XML data. User-friendly views and entry helpers, wizards and debuggers, help developers create, edit and optimise todays cutting-edge XML-based applications.
XMLSpy 2016 is available in the following editions:
- Altova XMLSpy 2017 Professional XML Editor offers a subset of the tools and functionality found in the Enterprise Edition
- Altova XMLSpy 2016 Enterprise XML Editor provides the most advanced functionality, including support for XBRL, Web services, program code generation and chart generation
Altova XMLSpy - Features
- XML Editor: The XMLSpy XML editor abstracts away the complexity of working with XML technologies through its intuitive user interface and rich variety of XML editing views and options. Whether you prefer to develop in a text-based or graphical editing view, XMLSpy provides intelligent XML editing guidance as you type and troubleshooting is fast and easy with the industry's most standards-conformant validation engine.
- XBRL Tools: XMLSpy provides powerful support for working with XBRL. The XMLSpy XBRL Validator can be used to validate both XBRL taxonomies and XBRL instance files to ensure accurate and compliant financial reporting. The graphical XBRL Taxonomy editor provides intelligent XBRL editing tools and an XBRL Taxonomy Wizard that walks you through extending standard XBRL taxonomies to meet specific requirements. More
- XSL Tools: Editing and perfecting XSL stylesheets and XQuery code is finally easy. XSL and XQuery editors in XMLSpy provide intelligent entry helpers and info windows and transforming your files is lightning fast. The XPath Analyzer makes it easy to generate or edit your XPath expressions and powerful XSLT and XQuery debuggers and profilers take the guess work out of troubleshooting.
- Schema Tools: Support for complete schema development in XMLSpy includes a DTD editor, graphical XML Schema editor and powerful schema generation and conversion wizards. XMLSpy will auto-generate a schema from an XML instance or a relational database structure, or you can model your own using the graphical design paradigm that supports drag-and-drop editing aided by intelligent entry helpers and validation.
Altova XMLSpy - System Requirements
XMLSpy runs on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 or newer. XMLSpy is available in 64-bit and 32-bit versions.