Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: STYLEVISSV
Altova StyleVision Server is based on the built-in report and document generation engine developed for StyleVision. StyleVision Server renders XML, SQL databases and/or XBRL data into HTML, RTF, PDF or Microsoft Word files based on StyleVision stylesheets and supporting design elements uploaded by StyleVision over a network connection. StyleVision Server can operate under the management of FlowForce Server, in a standalone configuration executed from a command line or programmatically via an API.
After a StyleVision2017 .SPS stylesheet is designed and tested, it can be deployed on Altova FlowForce Server and executed by StyleVision Server to automate business report and document generation.
Altova StyleVision Server - Features
- StyleVision and StyleVision Server: After an Altova StyleVision stylesheet is designed and tested, it can be processed by StyleVision Server to generate dynamic reports, documents or eForms.
StyleVision includes stylesheets in PXF files for processing by StyleVision Server and uploads them over a network to FlowForce Server for use in FlowForce Server jobs
- StyleVision PXF Files: The Portable XML Form (PXF) file format was developed by Altova to package SPS stylesheets with related files including the XML schema file, source XML file, image files used in the design and XSLT files for transformation output formats. PXF files include all the elements required for document rendering by StyleVision Server in a single package
- API for Direct Execution: StyleVision Server supports an API that allows direct native execution by programs written in C# and VB.NET in Windows, from other Windows apps via a COM interface and from Java programs in Windows, Linux and MacOS. This API allows developers to incorporate StyleVision Server functionality as a feature of their own applications. For example, StyleVision Server could produce reports from data created within a developers own program.
The documentation provided with the StyleVision Server API contains code examples for C#, C++, Java, VBScript and Visual Basic to help developers quickly access StyleVision Server programmatically from .NET, Java or COM-based code
Altova StyleVision Server - System Requirements
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, 8, 10 or newer
- Linux: CentOS 6, RedHat 6, Debian 6, 8 & Ubuntu 12.04, 15 or newer)
- Mac OS X10.8 or newer