MDaemon is a reliable and secure mail server that does not require expensive administration or impose high per-user costs. It simplifies messaging and collaboration requirements with an intuitive, user-friendly design offering enterprise-class features that can be managed with minimal training and support.
- Mail Server: MDaemon Messaging Server supports IMAP, SMTP and POP3 protocols and delivers solid performance from its feature-rich and user-friendly design. The mail server software delivers low total cost of ownership (TCO) value designed to meet the needs of small- to medium-sized business customers.
- Email Security: MDaemon incorporates multiple layers of security techniques such as Relay Controls, IP Shielding, SMTP Authentication and reverse lookups to minimise possible server exploits. It uses the advanced email authentication techniques of Vouch By Reference (VBR) and validates and signs messages using DKIM, DK, Sender-ID and SPF.
- Email Encryption: MDaemon allows you to encrypt your emails and attachments. On the client-side, WorldClient users can enable basic encryption features when sending emails and attachments within the WorldClient settings menu. On the server-side, Open PGP for MDaemon has been added to give administrators the ability to use encryption, decryption and basic key management capabilities through OpenPGP support.
- Email Archiving: MDaemon's integrated email message archiving capabilities make it easy to safeguard your email messages to address regulatory requirements and the IT policies of your business.
- Mobile Device Management: Looking for wireless access to email, calendar, contacts or tasks using your mobile device? MDaemon works with many popular mobile devices so that regardless of platform, you will have access to your important information wherever you are.
- MDaemon Remote Administration: MDaemon includes a convenient Remote Administration tool that provides administrators full access to all of MDaemon's features from any computer with a web browser and an Internet connection. This allows you to do everything from adding or editing accounts, to directly editing configuration files, to reviewing logs for troubleshooting mail delivery issues and more.
- WorldClient (Web-Based Email): MDaemon's WorldClient (Web-Based Email) is easy to use and offers all of the features needed by small-to-medium business customers. It provides groupware collaboration for sharing email folders, calendars with free/busy scheduling, contacts, distribution lists, tasks and notes. Offering desktop mail performance from wherever you are with Internet service and a web browser.
- WorldClient Instant Messenger: WorldClient Instant Messenger is a Closed Instant Messaging desktop client (app), included free with MDaemon, that provides highly secure Instant Messaging (IM), logging, file sharing, group chat, address book synchronisation and an email notification tray applet to provides quick access to MDaemon's WorldClient features.
- Exchange Migration: Moving from one email server to another typically poses a significant challenge but MDaemon Messaging Server makes it simple. The integrated MDMigrator feature, included with MDaemon, is designed specifically to migrate your data from Exchange to MDaemon with a few simple steps that will have you up and running on MDaemon with minimal downtime.
MDaemon Email Server - FeaturesThe MDaemon Email Server for Windows is a trusted alternative to Microsoft Exchange mail server or any other server used by small and medium businesses. It has been deployed in over 90 different countries and supports millions of mailboxes to meet the messaging and collaboration needs of businesses worldwide. The MDaemon mail server was one of the first email products to validate and sign messages using current authentication techniques (DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), Sender Policy Framework (SPF), and Sender ID). The MDaemon email server is also one of the first mail servers to offer users the benefits of a free email certification service.
- Quick and easy to use MDaemon can be installed and configured in less than 10 minutes and once up and running is easy to manage and administrate.
- Effective antispam and antivirus protection MDaemon incorporates the very latest antispam and antivirus technologies ensuring that your users' email stays clean and protected from spam, viruses and other malware transmitted by email.
- Microsoft Outlook integration MDaemon provides comprehensive support for Outlook users without requiring an Exchange server through its Outlook Connector plug-in.
- Integrated phone synchronisation MDaemon allows mobile devices such as Blackberry, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Apple iPhone devices to synchronise their Calendar and Contacts with MDaemon using a SyncML client while providing synchronised email access via its IMAP service.
- Sophisticated webmail for remote or roaming users MDaemon incorporates a powerful and sophisticated webmail service which provides desktop like access to all the usual folders and settings users would expect from a normal email client like Outlook, but from any modern web browser!
What's NEW in MDaemon 10?A new look!
The most noticeable of improvements from the outset is an update to the user interface making it more accessible to new users and easier to manage for existing users.
Gone are the multi-tabbed option windows which have been replaced by more modern 'tree control' option windows. The menus and tool bars have been simplified and rationalised whilst the GUI has also received a new graphical look.
It's at this point we should assure existing users that despite the new look, the features you've come to appreciate are still all present and correct!
Improved WorldClient webmail client
Recognising the ever increasing need for users to be mobile and have easy quick access to their email, calendar, contact and task folders, MDaemon 10's release sees many significant improvements to its webmail client - WorldClient. Users will now appreciate the ability to select a theme and language directly from their login page while users in seperate time-zones will also benefit from the ability to select the appropriate time offset when viewing their information.
The simple theme has been revised with the goal of being even cleaner and easier to use on low bandwidth connections whilst also providing a fully accessible interface to visually impaired users who may be using screen readers or need larger font sizes to be able to use their account successfully.
WorldClient's LookOut theme, being the most popular theme by far, has improved in v10 in several ways making it a truely viable alternative to traditional application based emails clients like Microsoft Outlook but with the benefit of requiring nothing other than a connection to the MDaemon server and a modern web browser. Users will notice immediate and significant improvements in performance along with new enhancements such as a threaded message view, column display customisation, improved message compose window and improved contacts view combined with generally improved cross-browser support.
ComAgent messaging client
A much improved and modernised interface make ComAgent a great tool for your users, providing them with a secure messaging client for use in the corporate environment. As well as providing instant messaging and new email notification, ComAgent also provides quick and easy access to your WorldClient webmail account.
Domain sharing (requires MDaemon PRO)
Domain Sharing is a new feature which allows you to split a domain's users across multiple servers running anywhere you wish. Domain Sharing eases the setting up of branch offices which wish to use the same domain but have different users. With Domain Sharing you can have a portion of a domain's users on one server and another portion on another server.
MDaemon is now also available in a FREE version. Although restricted to 5 users and missing some of MDaemon's more advanced features, MDaemon FREE should prove to be popular with people wanting to run their own email server but without the expense of having to purchase a software licence.
Please note: Some of the features described above may not be available in MDaemon Standard or MDaemon FREE or may require the SecurityPlus or Outlook Connector plug-ins which are available seperately. Please refer to the feature comparison chart.
MDaemon Email Server - System RequirementsThese are the minimum recommended system requirements for MDaemon to run. This does not take into account running multiple programs simultaneously. To run several programs on the computer at the same time, that computer should exceed these recommendations.
- Computer with Pentium III 500 MHz (or higher) processor;
- 512 MB of memory (1GB recommended);
- Microsoft Windows XP/2000/2003 operating system;
- TCP/IP network protocol installed;
- Ethernet network card installed;
- Typical Hard disk space required: 30MB, additional space for any mail to be stored;
- Internet or Intranet communication capabilities;
- Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher on the server, latest available for clients accessing WorldClient.
Microsoft Vista Compatibility
Alt-N Technologies is committed to providing its customers with reliable, secure Windows-based messaging products. They have been conducting evaluations of their products against the new system requirements of the Vista platform. Based upon their testing and evaluations, MDaemon is not yet compatible with Windows Vista. They will support this new platform soon and will notify customers when the product can be reliably deployed on this operating platform.