Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: GRIDFX
Grid FX introduces new features never before seen in a grid control, or any other Visual Studio control for that matter. Now, instead of working through abstract modal dialogs to edit columns, the developer can just click and drag right onto the design surface. Smart Tags became full blown context sensitive wizards where most of the functionality is readily available in a graphical way rather than a simple list of properties. In addition, developers can click on a cell in the grid and get options specifically for that cell type. Grid FX offers in-place WYSIWYG template editing instead of the hiding the control and entering a "template mode". We believe these enhancements will be some of the most notable improvements to developers using Grid FX for the first time.
It is often the aesthetics of an application that inspires those who receive it. But while the average user cares more about the color scheme than its ability to prevent SQL injection attacks, developers don't. Fortunately, we went the great lengths to provide appealing visual enhancements like artistic borders, palettes, custom titles and motifs. Whichever you choose to use, we guarantee you will end up with a breathtaking grid.
Grid FX - FeaturesInstead of working through abstract modal dialogs to edit columns, with GridFX the developer can just click and drag right onto the design surface. Smart Tags became full blown context sensitive wizards where most of the functionality is readily available in a graphical way rather than a simple list of properties. Developers can click on a cell in the grid and get options specifically for that cell type. Grid FX offers in-place WYSIWYG template editing instead of the hiding the control and entering a template mode.
- Drag and Drop Editing: Move, split and stack columns by drag and drop within the Layout Editor on the Visual Studio 2005 design surface.
- Smart Tag Wizards: Take advantage of full blown context sensitive wizards where most of the functionality is readily available in a graphical way rather than a simple list of properties.
- In-Place Template Editing: Format the display of content through the WYSIWYG template layout of a given area without hiding the grid from view.
- Enhanced Property Grid: Selecting an item or area of the grid highlights the relevant section of the Property Grid and vice-versa.
- Integration with Visual Studio 2005: Grid FX takes advantage of the Visual Studio 2005 extensibility model to offer a design-time experience that significantly decreases development time and the learning curve over traditional grid controls.
- FloatingBar: The FloatingBar provides end-users with per item features such as data copying, grouping, sorting & filtering, hide or show columns, plus font selection, size, style & colour. Toolbar: The Toolbar provides options for the grid as a whole such as palette selection, adding a new item or data, on/off of highlighting or copying the data. Data Copy: End-users may copy data from the entire grid, a specific item or column through the Toolbar and FloatingBar.
AJAX Data Organization
- Grouping: Combine items by unique, distinct and/or ranges of values - whether dates (including Outlook-style), numeric or alphabetical.
- Sorting: End users can order data in columns or in a hierarchical order of columns by ascending or descending alphabetical or numerical values.
- Filtering: From the FloatingBar, conveniently find additional, relevant data to a specific item.
- Paging: Grid FX provides linear pagination of data with first, last, next, previous or specific page navigation.
- Data Editing: End users may insert, update or delete data within the grid through an in-place edit bar or a floating, modal record form - full security and validation supported. Initiated via the Toolbar (insert) or the FloatingBar (update and delete) or simply double-click (update) on an item and executed smoothly via AJAX.
Integrated Chart FX Technology
Grid FX includes Chart FX capabilities right in-the-box, offering immediate charts, digital panels and gauges. You can add these graphical elements in and around every area of the grid. These elements can feed off of the grid's data or a completely separate data source in your Visual Studio project. In addition, these elements respond to contextual information such as clicks, drilldowns and master-detail. When it comes to visuals, the Chart FX objects are automatically configured based on grid settings which translates to faster integration and less effort synchronizing charts and other graphical elements with the grid's visuals.
- Palettes: Artistically designed colour schemes for the grid's backgrounds, icons, borders and fonts.
- Motifs: Combinations of aesthetically matched custom icons, pagers, font sizes and styles, and borders for your grid.
- Image Borders: Grid FX provides dynamic area borders to highlight your data presentation.
- Smooth Menu Transitions: Fades and transitions were implemented for a more enjoyable experience with the grid and its features.
- Title Bar: The Title Bar can explain the grids content and complements the motifs and palettes including font style and size. Add a relevant icon from those included or upload you own image or logo.
- Data Formatting: Improving on the "format string", intuitive wizards and APIs were designed for type specific data formatting.
- Sidebars: A new area of content added to the edge of your grid AJAX-enabled to display either master details of a selected item or other information relevant to the entire data set.
- Card Layout: Create and customize alternate layouts to your columnar grid including template layout editing and tiling.
- Master Detail: Display additional information for an item through AJAX-enabled expandable areas including collapsible rows and Sidebars.
- Multi-Cell Columns: Drag and drop in the Layout Editor for improved alignment of stacked columns.
- AJAX Core Functionality: AJAX is utilized in every possible facet of Grid FX to minimize server calls and redraw while creating a better experience for the end-user.
- Image Support (Data or URL): Grid FX supports the inclusion of images stored in binary format within databases or remotely with a URL pointer. The images can then be utilized in a thumbnail/full-size relationship or manipulated through other sizing parameters for a specific layout.
Grid FX - System Requirements
- Use an administrator user to install the software
- .NET Framework 2.x (for Production)
- Visual Studio .NET 2005 (for Development)