Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or contact us via our online form
As a distributor QBS Software Ltd can only sell certain items to wholesale customers.
If you are not currently a customer of QBS Software Ltd you can apply for an account using the trade applications form available here:
- SKU: CHARTFXCOM
Chart FX for COM combines 2 award-winning products in one powerful package. Chart FX Internet addresses ASP developers' need for online data visualisation while Chart FX Client Server solves any COM desktop development charting requirements.
Chart FX for COM comprises:
- Chart FX Internet Components: Chart FX Internet takes your ASP development to the next level. With the addition of the Resource Center and the completely redesigned Internet Designer, integration is easier than ever. Simply select or create the chart you want with very intuitive tools (including a chart wizard), copy the generated code into your project and voila!
- Chart FX Client Server Components: Chart FX Client Server includes components specifically designed for COM desktop development with IDEs such as VB6, Visual C++, Delphi, C++Builder, and even Access and Visual FoxPro. This release leverages all of the features in our highly-acclaimed Chart FX for .NET in a product specifically designed for COM client server developers.
Chart FX for COM - Features
- Easy to Code and Integrate Chart FX for COM provides developers advanced charting features with minimal integration effort. Helpful tools like the Designer, Tutorial and Samples Resource and a Programmer's Guide will assist you in creating visually impressive data visualization solutions with little time invested.
- Designer The Designer is a tool which allows you to visually create a chart and then will write the necessary code required to create that chart in your ASP page. This essentially works like an IDE for your ASP projects and allows you to create visually impressive charts in an easy and efficient manner.
- Wizard Once a chart is created using the Designer, the Wizard will appear and assist in creating visually stimulating, useful charts before actually getting into the code. The Wizard not only provides a great head start, but also serves as demoware to quickly demonstrate the tremendous capabilities of Chart FX.
- Resource Center This resource is an interactive programmer's guide that integrates a comprehensive explanation of the different features and hundreds of samples.
- Enhanced User Interface Chart FX for COM offers end-user chart customization through intuitive menus, dialogs and toolbars. Users can export the charts to a variety of formats as well as store changes to a particular chart for future sessions, maximizing the usability and readability of your application's charts at the end-user level.
- Menus & Dialog Boxes Provides the end-user with an extensive method to customize a chart to their needs.
- Multiple Export Formats Exporting in different formats, including Binary, Metafile and Bitmap.
- Chart Save/Recall Changes made by an end-user to a particular chart are easily stored and applied in future sessions.
- Toolbar Intuitive buttons serve as shortcuts for the most used features by the end-users. The toolbar can be customized to meet specific needs.
- Internet Capabilities Developers can maximize their web application's potential with Chart FX for COM's many internet enabled features. Features such as bit-streaming directly to a browser, auto browser detection and response, a web server component, server component, and drill-down capabilities.
- Bit Stream Directly to Browser Allows installation in the most intricate architectures, such as web farms (server clustering), providing a high level of scalability.
- Auto Browser Detection Automatically detects the browser's capabilities and will render the best format accordingly.
- Drill-Down Capabilities All rendering formats provided support linking from different chart's objects, including series, labels and legends.
- Server Component Allows the creation of charts on a server, which can be rendered in multiple formats including PNG, JPG, Client component (for charts that can be edited by the end-user), SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and Flash.
- Visual Attributes With over 20 different chart types, customizable legends, ready-to-use color palettes, multiple and customizable axes, per-marker attributes, gridlines, background images and border objects, Chart FX for COM allows you to create some of the most visually appealing charts in just minutes.
- Multiple Gallery Types 20 different chart types, from the widely used Bar, Line, Area, Pie & Scatter, to those required by more demanding needs, such as Open-Hi-Lo-Close, Candlestick, Radar, Surface and Contour. Different galleries can be combined within the same chart.
- Grid Lines Highly customizable horizontal and vertical grid lines, including interlaced grid lines.
- 2D/3D Most charts can be viewed in 2D or 3D, and rotated to specific angles and perspectives.
- Color Palettes Apply desired color to almost any object of the chart or choose from predefined palettes.
- Constant Lines & Stripes Apply color and display either horizontal or vertical. Text may be added to constant lines.
- Point Labels Show the value of each marker. Font, color, position and angle can be changed universally or individually for each marker.
- Background Images Add images, such as a company logo or any other preferred image, to the background of the chart.
- Legends Series and/or points legends can be shown in different positions: stacked (customizable, left, top, right, bottom, near, center, far, spread) or floating anywhere in the chart.
- Gradients Add gradients to the chart's main and/or inside background or to each series for an improved look.
- Multiple Axes Chart FX for COM provides full support for unlimited X and Y axes.
- Multiple Panes Chart FX allows you to render multiple panes within the same chart. You can compare multiple unrelated entities which share an X axis, all on the same chart.
- Titles Supports multiple texts for the chart and each axis. Each title can have its own font and color, for an enhanced look.
- Antialiasing/Smoothing Apply smoothness to the chart, text and/or chart markers.
- Annotation Objects Annotations such as polygonal objects, arrows, images and text can be added to your chart.
- Data Analysis Chart FX for COM places an impressive array of data analysis tools at your disposal. Chart FX for COM provides functionality such highlighting, statistical analysis, axis sections, conditional attributes and more.
- Highlighting Charts highlight individual series and data editor columns as they're moused over, highlighting individual points on your charts.
- Per-Marker Attributes Marker attributes can be changed individually, which provides ample control over a chart's look.
- Conditional Attributes Marker attributes can be changed automatically, based on a given condition. Simply setup your conditions at design time or code it as complex as you need it.
- Axis Sections Apply specific labels, fonts, colors, grids and backgrounds to particular sections of your axes.
- Chart Population Chart FX for COM supports a vast variety of data population methods, including, passing data directly through the API, Resultset Binding, XML Files, Collections, Arrays, Arrays of Arrays, Text Files and Crosstab.
Chart FX has streamlined its API to allow the developer a smooth transition across multiple platforms and projects.
- Flexible Data Sources
Chart FX for COM can populate charts using a variety of methods including XML files, collections, arrays, nested arrays and text files.
- DataBinding to a ResultSet
Chart FX for COM supports direct databinding to a ResultSet.
- Comprehensive Support Software FX is committed to providing the best possible support for all the products. With an extensive knowledge base, online articles, personalized support, community and more, you will find all the assistance you need to quickly integrate Chart FX into your application.
- Comprehensive Support Site
Chart FX products are known for their high level of professional support. Chart FX users have access to the comprehensive support site that contains a searchable knowledgebase with hundreds of articles, hundreds of online samples, FAQs and service pack and documentation downloads.
- Active Community Access a robust and thriving online community to discuss all things related to Chart FX. Direct Email & Phone Support Chart FX users have the option to upgrade to professional, one on one direct email and phone support.
- Comprehensive Support Site
Chart FX for COM - System Requirements
Operating System for Deployment
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows 98
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 95
- Disk Space Required: 12MB
- Memory Required: 16MB Minimum