Simplifies how you package and update your software on Windows.
Advanced Installer simplifies how you package and update your software on Windows. Conquer the complexity and harness the power of Windows Installer through a simple GUI.
- Installer and Uninstaller:Create packages that completely install and register, respectively uninstall and unregister, your application.
- Add/Remove (Control Panel) customization:Customize your application's information listed in the "Add/Remove Programs" page of the Control Panel.
- Project files in XML format:They can be easily checked into a version control system and shared between multiple developers.
- 64-bit packages:Create packages that run and install on 32-bit processors or on the latest 64-bit CPUs from Intel and AMD.
- Visual formatted editing:Edit controls for Formatted and Condition fields offer reference auto-completion, highlight, errors and resolved value hints.
- Visual Studio Integration:Use the Advanced Installer Visual Studio extension to easily access your installer directly from your IDE.
- Always valid MSI 2.0/3.x/4.x/5.0 packages:Each written and unwritten Windows Installer rule, recommendation and best practice is carefully followed.
- Per-user and per-machine installs:Select which type of installation better suits your needs: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Template projects:Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Optionally force rebooting:Prompt the user for a reboot even after a successful install, supporting sensitive components that require it.
- Run and log MSIs:Launch your MSI package while printing the full Windows Installer log. Syntax highlighting and log summary.
- Build cache:Enjoy faster development and quicker installer build times with by caching and reusing unchanged archives.
- Wizard for Simple Project creation:Use the provided wizard to create complete Windows Installer MSI installs in mere minutes.
- Limit to Basic UI:For unassisted or automated installs: display only a progress dialog and the eventual error message boxes.
- Context sensitive help and tutorials:Illustrated, integrated help and tutorials are provided for a simple and user-friendly learning of the application.
- Formatted fields:Use variables and parameters almost anywhere in your installs. They will be resolved at build or run time.
- Windows 10/8/7/Vista and UAC installs:Create installs that run flawlessly on Windows 10/8/7/Vista, targeting its features and supporting its security model.