Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: ActiveXperts Network Component
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: AXASNCT
- MPN: ActiveXperts
With the ActiveXperts Networking Component you can communicate across IP networks, including the Internet. ActiveXperts Networking Component provides an easy-to-use scripting interface for IP communications. The ActiveXperts Networking Component supports both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols. By using the ActiveXperts Networking Component, you can very easily create or enhance applications with network features.
ActiveXperts Network Component - FeaturesGeneral Features
New Features in Version 4.0
New Features in Version 4.1
With ActiveSocket you can communicate across TCP/IP networks, including the Internet. ActiveSocket provides an easy-to-use scripting interface for TCP/IP communications. By using ActiveSocket, you can very easily create or enhance applications with network features.
Use ActiveSocket to integrate the following IP protocols in your application or script:p
- Telnet - Automate Telnet sessions. Use the Telnet object to logon to a switch or router and make changes to the configuration. Log on to a mail server and list all items. Access a print server through telnet and reboot it. There are many devices and services that can be accessed by this Telnet object;
- Http/Https - Log on to a web server, get the web pages and analyze the contents. Support for Proxy servers, SSL and password protected web sites;
- Ftp - Log on to an FTP server, change directory, list files, upload files (ftp/put), download files(ftp/get), create directories, delete directories, rename files, delete files, etc.;
- Dns - Query servers running a domain name service (DNS) application. Query DNS for specific information about hosts, like mail exchanger records [MX], IP address [A], canonical names [CNAME], etc.;
- ICMP - See if you can reach another computer; Determine how long it takes to bounce a packet off of another site, which tells you its distance in network terms;
- NTP - Query NTP time servers and retrieve the actual date and time. Calculate offset between servers to see if your LAN time is set properly;
- SNMP - Query SNMP compliant devices and analyze the result. Set a value on a remote SNMP agent. Send SNMP traps to remote SNMP Managers, and receive incoming SNMP traps. Support for SNMP v1, SNMP v2 and SNMP v3; Use the SNMP Browser to browse through an SNMP MIB file;
- SSH - Login onto a remote machine running the SSH daemon, and execute a command or shell script in a secure way;
- RSH - Run a Shell Script on a remote UNIX or LINUX computer that runs the RSH (Remote Shell Script) daemon. Read StdErr and StdOut of the remote shell script;
- IP to Country - Translate an IP address to the associated country;
- Wake-On-LAN (WOL); Wake up machines on your LAN, based on their MAC address;
- TCP/IP client/server communications - Create your own client/server applications; your server-application listens for an incoming connection on a specific port, while your client application makes a connection to it; Client and server can communication bidirectional, with support for ASCII and binary data, in your LAN or through the internet;
- UDP communications - UDP-based client/server (peer-to-peer) communications and UDP broadcasts.
ActiveSocket is build on top of Microsoft Winsock modules. Unlike many other toolkits on the market, it just uses the Microsoft Winsock modules, it doesn't replace them! The installation of ActiveSocket keeps your system clean.
The performance of the module is outstanding, due to its multi-threaded architecture. It has proven its strength in many business environments over the years.
ActiveSocket is a COM/OLE component, which can be used in Windows environments. ActiveSocket provides samples for many development platforms, including:
- There's a new SnmpMibBrowser object. It allows you to browse through a vendor-specific MIB file and list properties of the OIDs in the MIB file;
- The SnmpManager now supports alpha-numeric OIDs. Use the new 'LoadMibFile' function to load a vendor-specific MIB file;
- The SnmpTrapManager now supports alpha-numeric OIDs. Use the new 'LoadMibFile' function to load a vendor-specific MIB file;
- The SnmpObject is extended with a few new properties;
- There's a new Ssh object; it allows you to run an SSH command/script on a remote UNIX/LINUX machine and capture stderr and stdout. It features public/private key authentication;
- Many new samples.
In previous versions of ActiveSocket, the .NET samples were created in Visual Studio 2002.
There are no incremental bug fixes or new features in this release other than ActiveSocket 4 .0, so it is not necessary to upgrade if you do not intend to use the .NET samples
ActiveXperts Network Component - System Requirements
ActiveSocket runs on the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 2008 - 32 bit and 64 bit;
- Windows Vista - 32 bit and 64 bit;
- Windows 2003 - 32 bit and 64 bit;
- Windows XP - 32 bit and 64 bit;
- Windows 2000.
ActiveSocket can be used by any of the following development and scripting languages:
- Visual Basic .NET - Windows .NET based applications. Requires Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
- Visual C# .NET - Windows .NET based applications. Requires Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
- ASP .NET (VB) - Web site based on Active Server Pages and the .NET Framework. Requires Internet Information Services (IIS).
- ASP .NET (CSharp) - Web site based on Active Server Pages and the .NET Framework. Requires Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Visual Basic 5.x/6.x - Requires Microsoft Visual Studio 5.x/6.x.
- ASP 2.x - Web site based on Active Server Pages (server-side scripting). Requires Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Visual C++ 5.x/6.x - Windows based applications.
- VBScript - Windows based scripts.
- HTML - Client scripts within HTML pages.
- Delphi 7.x or higher.
- Any other ActiveX/COM container application.