Need more information on this product? No Problem!
Please contact us on +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: activePDF DocConverter
- Weight: 0.00kg
- SKU: ACTPDFDC
- MPN: activePDF
DocConverter transforms hundreds of file types to and from PDF with superior fidelity and consistent reproduction. Optional output to and validation of PDF/A ensures all documents will meet demanding standards-compliance requirements. Its simple to use and setup - watched folders can be shared across your network and, with the Sharepoint plug-in, enterprise integration is a snap.
DocConverter's built-in .NET and COM API allows you to use a single API call for on-the-fly conversion from your web application.
DocConverter was engineered from day one with built-in fault tolerance, redundancy and speed. It gives thee confidence to convert millions of documents a day and the peace of mind to go home today knowing it will be running tomorrow.
activePDF DocConverter - Features
- Convert files to PDF: Convert user files directly to ISO standardscompliant PDF and PDF/A ?les. Existing PDF/A ?les can be validated to ensure compliance.
- Convert PDFs to editable and image formats: Convert PDFs to editable formats (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RTF, HTML, text) and image formats (TIFF, JPEG, BMP and PNG.)
- Intelligent PDF support for MS Office files: Automatically convert headings, metadata, hyperlinks and more to PDF equivalents.
- Network Watched Folders: Operates in batch mode via directory scanning for on-demand PDF conversion. Watched Folders are scanned allowing users to drag and drop ?les from the desktop to the server.
- ToImageStitchPages: combines all the PDF pages into a single output image file, with the choice of stitching them together vertically or horizontally.
- SetPDFSecurityAES: This method has a new parameter that allows you to select either 128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption.
- UseSecureConnection: It allows you to use HTTPS for secure connections when working in the COM environment. Note: DocConverter's .NET connections use WCF, which is secure by default.
- SetWordExportOptions: This method has a new parameter to select to bitmap fonts when they cannot be embedded.
- SetTIFFConversionOptions: Use this method to specify whether or not to use the orientation and compression defined in the TIFF image files when converting TIFF image files to PDF.
- SetPDFCompression: Turn this method on or off when, during PDF conversions, page objects and fonts are now compressed by default, resulting in output PDFs with smaller file sizes.
- Delayed Queue Timer: Use it to delay DocConverter's start time for processing an input file in a Watch Folder. This can be used when converting very large files, it allows time for the Microsoft OS to finish copying in a file to the Watch Folder.
activePDF DocConverter - System Requirements
The following software is required to successfully use DocConverter.
- Windows Server 2008 (32- or 64-bit edition) OR
- Windows Server 2008 R2 OR
- Windows Server 2012R2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (If it is not detected, it will be installed automatically)
Optional Software Applications
- (Recommended) Default converter: LibreOffice 4.2 (if not installed, DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher (DocConverter currently supports Versions 2007, 2010, or 2013)
- Fuji Xerox DocuWorks Viewer Light 7.2.1 minimum
- Corel WordPerfect, X5, X6 and X7 (WordPerfect 15, 16, 17)
Note: Install the applications before installing DocConverter.
The minimum hardware requirements for DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
- Additional hard disk space is needed to meet the requirements of the installed applications and the volume of files being processed.
- ActivePDF does not officially support running DocConverter in a Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Terminal Services or Citrix environment.