Acronis Files Connect is an AFP server that runs on your Windows server and enables Macs to connect to file shares and NAS via Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) instead of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.When Mac users try to access Windows file servers and NAS devices, they typically suffer from poor performance, data integrity issues, slow searches and many other disruptive problems. Acronis Files Connect solves these problems.
- Acronis Files Connect Eliminates SMB protocol bugs, performance and compatibility problems related to locked files and file naming issues, file corruption, permissions problems, non-functional Windows shortcuts.
- Acronis Files Connect, Macs can connect to file shares via AFP or SMB and perform nearly instant filename and full-content Spotlight searches using our new Mac client application or the default Finder.
- Acronis Files Connect integrates with key enterprise infrastructure elements, including:Active Directory, Distributed File System (DFS), Home directories, clustering, file name policies.
- Acronis Files Connect expands beyond Macs to provide fast, seamless file access to iOS, Android and Windows phones and tablets.
- Real-time search index updates for the most up-to-date search results and low server resources usage.
- AFP Connection to file shares: With Acronis Files Connect, Macs connect to and mount file shares on Windows file servers and NAS as native AFP volumes. This allows Mac users to continue using the same tools and applications for accessing servers and printers that they always have.
- Full contect Spotlight searching: Acronis Files Connect links Mac Spotlight to a server-side index that seamlessly integrates with the native Windows Search service or a built-in Acronis content indexer. Acronis Content Indexing can index filenames and content on any file share, including non-Windows and NAS devices.
- Files access for mobile devices: Acronis Files Connect isn’t limited to Macs. Seamless file access is also provided for mobile devices (iOS, Android and Windows Phone) with intuitive browsing, searching, previewing, editing and automatic synchronisation.
- ShadowConnect: By leveraging the Microsoft’s Shadow Copy (VSS), ShadowConnect brings the ability to restore previous versions of files to Mac users, while providing enhanced browsing capabilities that make it easier than ever to find the file they're looking for.
- File name policies support: Acronis Files Connect can be configured to prevent the Mac client from actively saving, creating or renaming files with characters that are “illegal” in Microsoft applications or with file name and path lengths that can cause issues for Windows users.
- Active Directory support: With Acronis Files Connect, Mac users leverage their existing network accounts and a Kerberos-based single sign on to access files on the network in accordance with Active Directory permissions mapped to effective Mac permissions, ensuring security.