WinRAR is an archive manager for backing up data and reducing the size of e-mail attachments. Decompress files downloaded from the internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. Support is provided for RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip file formats.
WinRAR recognises and selects the best compression method for decompressing multi-media files; the compression algorithm compresses multi-media files, executables and object libraries. Split archives into separate volumes in order to save them on several disks. 128 bit password encryption and authenticated signature technology is included.
- WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organise your compressed archives.
- WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognises and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.