Visual Paradigm for UML (VP-UML) is a UML design tool and UML CASE tool designed to aid software development. VP-UML supports key modeling standards such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4, SoaML, SysML, ERD, DFD, BPMN 2.0, ArchiMate 2.0, etc. It supports software development teams in requirements capturing, software planning (use case analysis), code engineering, class modeling, data modeling, etc.
Visual Paradigm for UML is available in the following editions:
Modeler Edition: A UML modeler for software development teams to create UML diagrams and produce software specification through HTML, PDF and Word reporting.
- Standard Edition:A UML CASE Tool that assists software development teams in developing UML software models, documenting software specification and generating source code from implementation model.
- Professional Edition: A full-featured use case tool supporting everything you need in identifying and organising system requirements through use case analysis.
- Enterprise Edition: An all-in-one software and system development tool for end-to-end information technology system modeling.
- UML Modeling: Model high level system functions with use cases. Manage and organise use cases with grid.
- SysML Modeling: Visualise your system hierarchy. Gain insight to interconnections between system components.
- Requirements as Scenarios: Wind spaghetti-like use case details into yarn balls to clearly reflect different scenarios and goals.
- SoaML Modeling: Describe the services provided and required, with Service Oriented Architecture Modeling Language (SoaML)
- Enterprise Architecture: Design and structure company components by widely used Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Requirements Capturing: Capture system requirements with use cases, SysML requirement diagrams and textual analysis.
- Manage Project Vocabulary: Add a term and its meaning to a glossary. So everyone who comes across the term will comprehend the same way.
- Database Design Starts Here: Design database with entity relationship diagram. Generate UML class diagram.
- Catch Your Thoughts: Brainstorm, outline, share and discuss concepts and idea with mind map and link to UML.
- Round-trip Code Engineering: Forward and reverse engineering of over 10 programming languages. Generate database from ERD.
- Quality Documentation: Generate up-to-date software design document in PDF, MS Word and HTML format automatically.
- ERD to Database: Transform design to database. Reconstruct structure of a legacy system. Or jump start for a new one.
- SQL-less Database Programming: Retrieve data without writing SQLs. Minimum work to use Hibernate by generating an executable to just plug and use.
- Business Process Modeling: Visualise business workflow by BPMN business process diagram and process map. Generate BPEL.
- Screen Mockup: Quickly draw your screen design. Cross platform painlessly. Even trace design origin.
- Animated Designs: Visualise how your system design works in theory through simulation. No risk, no investment. See your system come to life in an instant.
- Frictionless Commenting: Shorter review and comment cycle between analyst and end-users.
- Modeling Toolset: Various analysis and design features, including design pattern, transitor and visual diff.
- Spot Problems before Changes: Identify effects and consequences before modifying software design, by matrix and analysis diagram.
- Team Collaboration: Design application collaboratively with VP Teamwork Server, Subversion, Perforce, ClearCase and CVS.
- Easy Diagramming: Various handy visual modeling features, including voice document, sweeper, and layer.
- Source Code Generation: With a clean slate, generate code from design diagrams or vice versa.
- IDE Integration: Enjoy the benefits of using VP-UML, an easy-to-use software modeling tool, without having to leave your IDE.
- Robust Integration Capability: Export your design into an array of formats that you can open in other major applications.
- Add Functions You Like: Functionality extended just for you. Create and plug in custom functions for higher productivity.
- Continue with Legacy: Export, import and merge XML, XMI, MS Excel format. Import Visio, Rose and ERWin project files.
- Supported Standards: Fully supports Unified Modeling Language (UML), entity relationship diagram (ERD).