Visual Paradigm for UML (VP-UML) is a UML design tool and UML CASE tool designed to aid software development. VP-UML supports industry standards such as Unified Modelling Language (UML), SysML, BPMN and XMI. It offers a complete toolset software development teams need for requirements capturing, software planning, test planning, class modelling and data modelling
Visual Paradigm for UML is available in the following editions:
Modeler Edition: A UML modeler for software development teams to create UML diagrams and produce software specification through HTML, PDF and Word reporting.
- Standard Edition:A UML CASE Tool that assists software development teams in developing UML software models, documenting software specification and generating source code from implementation model.
- Professional Edition: A full-featured use case tool supporting everything you need in identifying and organising system requirements through use case analysis.
- Enterprise Edition: An all-in-one software and system development tool for end-to-end information technology system modeling.
- Enterprise Architecture Modeling: Organise business processes, business rules and designs with Zachman Framework.
- Business Process Modeling with BPMN and EPC: Perform business process analysis, model business workflow with BPMN business process diagram and process map.
- Business Process Simulation and Animation: Visually simulate the execution of BPMN business process diagram with Simulacian. Simulacian allows the adjustment of parameters such as the resources required, execution duration, number of participants. Animacian breaks down presentation barrier encountered in studying process flow with static images.
- Impact Analysis: find out the potential influences that may happen when updating a design blueprint.
- Code and Database Engineering: Perform round-trip engineering with Java and C++. Perform one-way code generation or reverse engineering with over 10 programming languages.
- Requirement Diagram: specify and analyse system requirements by drawing requirement diagram.
- Design Review and Commenting: Allows end users to see your designs, give comments and raise questions regularly.
- Hibernate Friendly. SQL-less database programming: Retrieve data without writing any SQLs or JDBC calls in your Java/.NET/PHP source code.
- Decision Table in Simulacian: Explains complex gateways and contains conditions, actions and rules so that complex business logic can be represented clearly, in a simple form.
- Social Networking with Postmania: A rivate social networking platform designed for designer teams that facilitates easy discussion of software designs. It enables team members to post and reply discussions to a diagram or a shape.