Veeam Backup & Replication is a Modern Data Protection that is build for virtualisation and delivers data protection for VMware and Hyper-V.
With a single licence, from a unified console, you can protect your entire virtual infrastructure with features such as Instant VM recovery, granular file and application recovery, VM Replication and much more. It’s licenced per CPU socket and includes backup, replication, deduplication, multi-hypervisor support and centralised management in one cohesive solution.
- 2-in-1: backup and replication: Not only can you backup your VMs, but you can also perform image-based replication either on-site for high availability or offsite for disaster recovery. With Veeam’s near-continuous data protection (near-CDP), if a VM goes down, you can immediately fail over to a standby VM.
- Agent-free: There are no agents for you to license, deploy, manage or monitor on hosts or VMs.
- Built-in compression and deduplication: With compression and deduplication included at no extra charge, you can manage the large volumes of data generated by image-based backups. Reduce backup storage consumption and the amount of data sent over the network. Combined with bandwidth throttling and scheduling capabilities, Veeam extends the protection of your VMware environment to an offsite location or into the cloud.
- Centralised management: From a web-based console, you can monitor jobs across multiple backups servers, edit jobs on any server, and search across all backups — all from a centralised location.
- Back up to the cloud: Turn any public storage cloud into easy-to-use data repositories for your backups. Automatically copy your backups to Amazon, Azure or any one of 19 leading public clouds and add offsite archiving to your local recovery capabilities. Only available with Veeam Backup & Replication Cloud Edition.
- Enterprise scalability: Veeam Backup & Replication provides a distributed architecture to optimise performance in remote office/branch office (ROBO) and large-scale deployments.