UltraCompare is a folder and file comparison utility that enables users to compare text files and folders, zip files and jar archives. Text compare features include binary file comparison and text file comparison of two or three text files simultaneously, with the ability to merge text differences between compared files. Folder compare supports comparison of local and network directories and sub-directories with recursive folder comparison, zip file comparison and like text and binary comparison for merging differences between compared directories.
- Themes: Whether you prefer a darker look, or a more classic white-based skin, UltraCompare's interface is completely themeable and comes with several themes hand crafted at IDM. If you design a theme you'd like to share with the rest of our users, send us a pull request on GitHub, or simply email it to our support team.
- Compare over FTP: UltraCompare's powerful compare functions work just as well over FTP and even network shares and connected drives. Simply click to open from FTP, choose your connection or create a new one to save for future use. It's perfect for quickly checking local files and folders against what's already on the server.
- Word/PDF Compare: UltraCompare's special document handling makes it easy to compare Word and PDF files. Just open them in your session as you would any other file and let us take care of the rest.
- Zip/Rar/Jar compare: Sometimes you simply want to quickly compare the contents of a file archive without extracting it for a normal file or folder compare. We've got you covered. With UltraCompare, you can easily open and compare .zip, .rar and .jar files. No setup required.
- Edit large files: UltraCompare is built to edit the large files that cause other comparison tools to crash. People who deal with databases and large log files absolutely love our products for this very reason.
- 4k UHD support: UltraCompare looks great on Retina and other ultra high-definition displays. If you haven't upgraded yet, no need to worry. We'll be ready for you when you do.
- Multi-platform: UltraCompare is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Even if you've got one of those distros nobody's heard of, there's a good chance we may be able to help you.
- 3 for 1 licenses: Your personal UltraCompare license is good for up to 3 machines on any combination of platforms. Want to run on two Macs and a Windows box? You're all set!