System Center Virtual Machine Manager
System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager delivers fabric management, virtual machine management and services deployment in private cloud environments. It offers key new features that include hypervisor creation and management, network management, storage management, private cloud creation, self-service usage and service creation. It features deep investments in server application virtualisation, service design and service modeling all of which can be used to efficiently offer an on-premises private cloud.
- Hyper-V and Cluster Lifecycle Management: Deploy Hyper-V to bare metal server, create Hyper-V clusters and orchestrate patching of a Hyper-V Cluster.
- Third Party Virtualisation Platforms: Add and Manage Citrix XenServer and VMware ESX Hosts and Clusters.
- Network Management: Manage IP Address Pools, MAC Address Pools and Load Balancers.
- Storage Management: Classify storage, Manage Storage Pools and LUNs.
- Dynamic Optimisation: Proactively balance the load of VMs across a cluster.
- Power Optimisation: Schedule power savings to use the right number of hosts to run your workloads.
- PRO: Integrate with System Center Operations Manager to respond to application-level performance monitors.
- Cloud Management : Abstract server, network and storage resources into private clouds, delegate access to private clouds with control of capacity, capabilities and user quotas and enable self-service usage for application administrator to author, deploy, manage and decommission applications in the private cloud.
- Define service templates: To create sets of connected virtual machines, os images and application packages.
- Service Lifecycle Management: Compose operating system images and applications during service deployment and scale out the number of virtual machines in a service.
- Service Lifecycle Management: Service performance and health monitoring integrated with System Center Operations Manager.