System Center Operations Manager
System Center 2012 – Operations Manager provides infrastructure monitoring that is flexible and cost-effective, helps ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications, and offers comprehensive monitoring for your datacenter and cloud, both private and public.
- Network Monitoring: Provides the ability to discover and monitor network routers and switches, including the network interfaces and ports on those devices and the virtual LAN (VLAN) that they participate in.
- Application Monitoring: Monitor Internet Information Services (IIS)-hosted .NET applications from server and client-side perspectives to get details about application performance and reliability that can help you pinpoint root causes of incidents.
- Resource Pools: Contains only management servers and provides the ability to distribute workloads across multiple management servers, such as availability, network device monitoring, distributed monitor health rollup and group calculation.
- Removal of Root Management Server: Management servers are peers; there is no root management server. The workload is split among all management servers in a management group, which provides high availability without requiring a cluster.
- Web Console: Introduces a new web console that is optimised for faster load times and provides you with access to the new IT pro dashboards.
- Dashboard Views: Includes new comprehensive dashboard views that combine multiple panels of information into a single view.
- Creating Dashboard Views: Have been significantly upgraded in Operations Manager from their capabilities in System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2, including custom layouts and nested dashboard views.