System Center Essentials 2010 (Essentials 2010) is a new management solution in the System Center family of IT systems management products specifically designed for midsized businesses. You can manage up to 50 servers and 500 workstations which make it a great fit for small and medium sized businesses.
- Unify Your IT Management Experience: System Center Essentials provides a single console for your core management needs. That means a single product to purchase, deploy and learn. Server, Desktop and Network monitoring, software and update management and asset inventory under a single, easy to use, unified experience.
- Keep Your Applications and Your Network Up and Running: Essentials provides multiple views of the application data in your network. Track database growth in SQL Server™ databases or connectivity to Exchange servers using some of the many provided charts, tables and reports. Essentials also tracks the status of all the SNMP 1.0 and 2.0 devices in your network, allowing you to receive alerts when something important goes down
- Troubleshoot Problems More Quickly:
Accidents happen, systems go down. That is why System Center Essentials provides a rich knowledge base out of the box to help you diagnose and fix critical alerts for key products like Exchange Server and SQL Server™. These management packs are optimised so you only focus on those alerts that matter. Not only do you get in-depth explanations of problems, but more importantly, Essentials often provides simple in-line tasks to click and “fix it now.” Additional management packs are available from Microsoft and 3rd party providers for both Windows and non-windows environments.
- Simplify Your Patch Management:
Essentials provides integrated patch management for Microsoft products in the Microsoft Update catalog. Additionally we’ve worked with key industry vendors to integrate their updates into Essentials providing a single point of control for patch Management. You can choose to automatically deploy critical updates or have them be subject for approval, and track compliance across your network. Want the patch deployed now? No problem, just click a button to initiate deployment real time.
- Deploy Applications Easily: Essentials can help you deploy Microsoft Office with your custom settings in a snap. Deploying applications has never been so easy. Using a simple 3-step wizard you can deploy applications to a target set of computers without worrying about having to deal with packaging or other complex processes. Additionally Essentials uses Background Intelligent Transfer Service 2.0 (BITS) to optimise traffic over your network. Changed your mind? Don’t worry, it’s even easier to un-install a previously deployed application.
- Keep Track of Hardware and Software Assets: No more spreadsheets to maintain - System Center Essentials gathers more than 60 hardware attributes and a complete inventory of the applications running on each machine. A summary inventory is available for quick troubleshooting or in the detailed report by machine groups.
- Improve Your Users Up-Time:
Reduce the time you spend dealing with end-user issues with features like Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM) which allows you to collect application and OS errors that would otherwise remain anonymous. Use built in tasks to remotely execute important tasks on user’s computers, from performing a simple IPCONFIG to a remote desktop session, all without leaving the management console.
- Get Up and Running Fast:
Deploying System Center Essentials couldn’t be easier; the smart setup will check for prerequisites to ensure you have a smooth and successful installation. Post-installation configuration is quickly completed using three simple wizards. The built-in integration with Active Directory will allow you to manage a computer automatically the moment it’s added to your environment without any intervention.
- Gain Visibility into Your IT Environment:
Start your day with a Daily Health Report, providing a quick status of your IT environment and any action items required. For more detail, go to the Essentials console and consult the more than 180 reports out of the box that help you gain better insight into how your IT environment is performing.
- Get an Affordable Comprehensive IT Management Solution Designed For You: Essentials is priced for the budgets of midsize businesses, allowing you to purchase only what you need and then grow as your business requires it, with flexible licenses for up to 50 servers and 500 clients at a fraction of what typical management solutions cost.