System Center Configuration Manager
Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager can help you maintain corporate compliance and control while empowering employees to use the devices and applications they need to be productive. Configuration Manager provides management capabilities around application delivery, desktop virtualization, device management and security that make it possible to enable productivity amidst device proliferation.
Key features include:
- Application Delivery: user-centric approach to application delivery that allows administrators to create one application that can be delivered to all of a user’s devices.
- Mobile Device Management: enables users to be productive on the devices of their choice while keeping your environment secure and compliant.
- Virtual Desktop Management: reduces the complexity and cost of implementing virtual environments by providing a single, unified tool to manage all your client desktops, thin clients, mobile devices and virtual desktops.
- Compliance & Settings Management: allows you to create a baseline for “desired configuration state” and then ensure that all user devices comply with that baseline through either auto remediation or alerts.
- Power Management: helps you get more out of your energy-saving hardware by providing a comprehensive set of power management tools to enable centralized client power management.
- Operating System Deployment: simplifies the complex task of distributing operating systems to physical desktops, servers, laptops and mobile devices across enterprise networks
- Client Health & Monitoring: displays client health evaluation results and the client activities directly in the Configuration Manager console, providing alerting and remediation capabilities should health statistics fall below established thresholds.
- Asset Intelligence: provide administrators with continuous visibility into hardware and software assets and usage.
- Inventory: enable custom hardware inventory more easily, along with extending the inventory schema.