SyntaxEditor is a text editing control that is packed with features for efficient code editing, including syntax highlighting, code outlining, parsing, line numbers, block selection, IntelliPrompt UI, split views, single-line mode and custom languages. It has many of the same code editing features found in the Visual Studio code editor.
- Author custom language definitions, with over 20 free definitions included.
- Multi-threaded parsing capabilities, with support for code fragments.
- A grammar-based parser framework with AST generation and error reporting.
- IntelliPrompt completion lists, parameter info, quick info, code snippets and smart tags.
- Over 100 built-in edit actions like selection, indenting and transposition.
- Customisable highlighting styles.
- Bracket highlighting, indentation guides, content dividers and column guides.
- FontDropDownList and TextStylePreview controls.
- Tokenisation of text via lexers.
- User margin for custom drawing.
- Optional single-line edit mode.
- Scrollbar visibility options.