Essential DocIO is a .NET library that can read, write and modify Microsoft Word files. It features an object model similar to the Microsoft Office Automation libraries and can be used on systems that do not have Microsoft Word installed. Essential DocIO enables users to create richly formatted Microsoft Word reports in Windows Forms, ASP.NET, WPF, ASP.NET MVC and Silverlight applications.
Key features include:
- Bullets and Lists: support is available to create ordered and unordered hierarchical lists in a Word document. Different styling options are also available for such lists.
- Styles Support: built-in Styles can be applied on text as well as Custom Styles can be defined and applied on text.
- Table of Contents: provides support for including a table of contents in a document. This feature comes with customisation options such as the ability to display page numbers, hyperlinks, while creating the table of contents.
- Images Support: support for inserting both scalar and vector images into the document, in almost all formats.
- Bookmarks and Comments: support for inserting hidden bookmarks and nested bookmarks into a Word document.
- Streaming Support: DocIO can read document content from streams besides reading from an actual .doc file. This helps reading Word document templates saved in databases without having to create intermediate .doc files.
- HTML to Doc: supports converting valid XHTML content to Word .doc content. The passed in content should be either XHTML 2.0 or 1.1 compliant.
- Doc to HTML: supports the conversion of Word .doc file format to HTML format dynamically. Converting to HTML helps users publish formatted content on a Web page or create email messages.
- Compatible with Microsoft Word Versions 97 to 2010: can create and consume files based on a wide set of Word .doc file format variants.
- Native .NET Component: essential DocIO is a native .NET library written in C# which allows you to use it in a Windows desktop as well as Web apps, including a native version of Silverlight. This also provides a much better user experience and performance compared to other solutions available in the market that are wrappers over COM components, libraries ported from Java and Delphi.
- Security Features: secure the data in your reports by encrypting it with a password, thus making it impossible for anyone to view the document without the password.