Symantec Messaging Gateway (formerly Symantec Brightmail Gateway) powered by Brightmail, delivers inbound and outbound messaging security, with real-time antispam and antivirus protection, advanced content filtering, data loss prevention and email encryption.
Messaging Gateway is simple to administer and catches more than 99% of spam with less than one in a million false positives.
- Anti-spam gateway blocks more than 99% of spam with less than one in one million false positives and real-time automatic updates.
- Powered Brightmail antispam filtering engine - a set of technologies that identify email borne threats based on reputation on both the global and local level.
- Strong data loss prevention capabilities to ensure customers stay in regulatory compliance.
- Customer-Specific rules allow customers to easily create rules based on email they consider to be spam or on potentially targeted attacks.
- Protects sensitive client data and valuable confidential information, with the ability to fingerprint and identify actual company data within messages or attachments.
- Protects company reputation and manages risks associated with data loss, internal governance, and regulatory compliance.
- Optional Symantec Content Encryption subscription integrates email encryption into Messaging Gateway console, leveraging powerful built-in spam filtering and data loss prevention policies.
- Includes a dashboard, summary reports, and detailed reports demonstrating the efficacy and impact of anti-spam gateway while proactively highlighting threat trends and potential compliance issues.
- Reduces administrative costs by removing the complexity of multiple consoles, disparate policies, and incompatible logging and reporting, while demonstrating efficacy and impact of messaging security.
- Flexible, configurable, easy-to-use Messaging Gateway Virtual Edition runs on VMware hypervisor in the hardware environment of a customer’s choice.