Symantec Messaging Gateway (formerly Symantec Brightmail Gateway) powered by Brightmail, delivers inbound and outbound messaging security, with real-time antispam and antivirus protection, advanced content filtering, data loss prevention and email encryption.
Messaging Gateway is simple to administer and catches more than 99% of spam with less than one in a million false positives.
Key features include:
- Targeted antispam effectiveness with granular new dispositions for newsletters, marketing email and email with suspicious URLs. Customers can configure these policies based on their definition of unwanted email.
- Messaging Gateway consistently blocks more than 99% of spam with less than one in one million false positives. With version 9.5, an improved antispam engine will further help customers achieve their goals for spam catching efficiency and accuracy.
- Messaging Gateway provides enhanced integration with Symantec Data Loss Prevention and Symantec encryption options. In addition to offering a hosted email encryption add-on option, customers can integrate with Symantec PGP Universal Email Gateway for a robust on-premise secure email platform. Customers who want to expand beyond the robust on-box data loss prevention capabilities in Messaging Gateway can also take advantage of a new targeted add-on, Symantec Data Loss Prevention Network Prevent for Email. This combination gives customers access to the full detection and remediation capabilities of Symantec Data Loss Prevention, paired with award-winning messaging security.
- Messaging Gateway 9.5 provides enhanced logging for content filtering policies and TLS delivery to improve on-box DLP capabilities and secure email delivery capabilities.
- Messaging Gateway 9.5 enhances the integration with Symantec Protection Centre, Symantec’s single sign on management console for security products. Customers can manage Messaging Gateway and other security products through the Protection Centre console and deliver unified reports across security products.
- Messaging Gateway 9.5 provides extended virtualisation support to expand reach and effectiveness of Virtual Edition.