SuperNova Magnifier increases the font size and accentuates text for visually impaired users. It includes flexible colour schemes, re-sizable mouse pointers, hooked areas, true font technology and multiple monitor support.
Eye strain can be reduced and magnification can be increased during the day as your eyes become tired or to suit levels of visual impairment. Choose from a range of magnification styles with options such as split screen, whole screen, lens and window.
- Windows 8: Built to provide high quality magnification, speech and Braille access to desktops and laptops running 32-bit and 64-bit editions of: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
- Applications and Apps: Windows 8 comes with a set of new Windows 8-style apps launched from the new Start Screen. These apps include: Mail, Calendar, Store, Sky Drive etc.
- Notifications: Toast Notifications indicate when something interesting is happening by popping up a message in the upper right..
- Plug and Play-type Connectivity: For dozens of USB Braille displays.
- Speech access: To 64-bit Windows Logon and secure desktop screens.
- Links: Never miss a link. While pressing UP or DOWN arrow keys the Dolphin Cursor treats each link as if it were on its own line.
- Headings: As well as using H and SHIFT+H to move to the next and previous Heading of any level, numbers 1 to 6 on the number row now take the Dolphin Cursor to headings of a particular level.
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA): Website authors can use a collection of techniques known as ARIA to make rich content and controls more accessible for users of assistive technologies such as SuperNova.
- Form Filling: Reduces the number of key presses needed when filling in forms.
- True Fonts: Text onscreen appears smooth even at the highest magnification levels.
- Multiple Monitor Support: Gain increased productivity with true multitasking on the Windows Extended Desktop by magnifying applications running on two or more monitors side by side.
- Mouse Buffer: Prevents the pointer moving to another monitor unintentionally.
- Custom Mouse Pointer Sizes: The size of the magnified mouse pointer can now be set independent of the magnification level. Fixed and relative sizes are available.
- Adobe Reader: When reading PDFs, Supernova fully respects the author tags which can describe formatting and document structure.
- Microsoft Office Support: Improved performance and reliability when using Microsoft Office 2010, 2007 and 2003.
- iTunes 10 Support: You can use iTunes to subscribe to podcasts and listen to radio stations, as well as synchronise audio and video between your computer and mobile device.
- Silent Check for Updates: Regularly makes available free updates to SuperNova which can be automatically downloaded from the internet.
- Helpful Announcements: When using Adobe Reader XI and Windows Media Player.
- Online Tutorial for Adobe Reader XI: Available from the Tutorial pages of the Dolphin website.
- Free Online Supernova tutorial: For Skype 6 available from the tutorial pages of the Dolphin website.
- Humanware's Brailliant BI: Can use 8 dot input, not just 6 dot.