SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is a world-class, secure open source server operating system, built to power physical, virtual and cloud-based mission-critical workloads. Service Pack 2 further raises the bar in helping organisations to accelerate innovation, enhance system reliability, meet tough security requirements and adapt to new technologies.
- Create and Support Agile IT Infrastructure: Deploy latest container innovations, adapt to new hardware architectures and easily get latest packages using integrated Package Hub.
- Improve the agility of your IT infrastructure with the latest container innovations. Using the SUSE Docker solution, your teams can easily and securely collaborate for creating Docker apps, integrate container applications with cloud or quickly deploy Docker using a minimised host OS.
- Adapt to new technologies with support of new cutting-edge hardware architectures - ARM AArch64 and Raspberry Pi
- Deploy what you need with a platform designed for today’s agile environments. Deploy container based applications such as Docker in your cloud or virtualised data centers with JeOS (pronounced /joos/, just like “juice”), a perfect just enough host OS.
- Deploy Mission Critical Services with SUSE Linux Enterprise infrastructure foundation that enables you to maximise service uptime using cutting edge live patching technology, increase virtualisation for application workloads, provide maximum security for all your application needs and create cost-effective infrastructure with support of wide range of hardware platforms.
- Maximise service availability by eliminating unplanned downtimes and reducing planned downtimes using cutting edge Live Patching technology, developed at SUSE Labs. As a result, your systems always remain secure and available.
- Increase virtualisation and reduce data foot print using virtualisation technologies that suit your business needs. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server provides built-in support for Xen & Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM), Containers including Docker for application automation, paravirtualised driver packs for enhanced virtual machine performance and is optimised to deliver superior performance with VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Efficiently implement virtual network functions using Open vSwitch with DPDK (Data Plane Development Kit) that accelerates the user space data plane and provides the packet processing capabilities needed for Software Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) solutions.
- Continuously Improve IT Infrastructure: Implement enterprise-ready solutions out-of-the-box with proven security and optimised performance.
- Proven security assurance for peace of mind. SLES comes certified with Common Criteria EAL4+, the highest level for a commercial Operating System, for government agencies and commercial businesses around the world requiring proven security assurance to handle sensitive information.
- Meet strict security requirements of Federal Government, FISMA and Financial industry with FIPS 140-2 certification, awarded to SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 by NIST and CSEC that ensures crypto algorithms follow standards and no obvious crypto weakness exists.
- Enable your teams to collaborate for faster time to value in creating Docker apps, integrate container applications with cloud or quickly deploy Docker using a minimised host OS using Docker solution out-of-the-box. By making Docker available on hybrid architectures including x86-64, IBM POWER8 LE and IBM z Systems, SUSE provides you optimal choices.