embeds the power of Sorenson’s award-winning Squeeze Compression Suite into any Web page on your site, allowing you to easily accept user-submitted video. Encoding is done on the local machine, so you can add this functionality to your site without any additional infrastructure costs. Users can drag-and-drop video files onto the Squish applet or capture video streams from Webcams or camcorders, and have them be automatically encoded and uploaded to any network-accessible host.
- Client-side compression technology running in a Web browser
- Embeds seamlessly within a Web application
- Intuitive workflow for end users
- Automatic installation -- minimum user intervention required
- Cross-platform support for both PC and Mac
- All major browsers supported: IE & Firefox (PC) and Safari & Firefox (Mac)
- Input video formats supported: ASF, DV, MOV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV
- Input image format supported: GIF, JPEG, PNG
- Output video format: Flash video (supported in over 98 percent of Web browsers)
- Supports capture of video streams from attached DV camcorders or Web cams
- Frame-by-frame video preview
Sorenson SquishNet is a fully customizable snap-on video management component that allows you to immediately add user-submitted media sharing to your Website. SquishNet provides hosting and organization for video and photos, including tagging, rating, search and user comments. Users can easily upload content using the integrated Sorenson Squish compression applet. SquishNet also enables editors to effectively manage users and their content.