Specops Password Policy is the part of Specops Password Management™ that enhances the security level of your Active Directory password policy and enables you to use multiple password policies through Group Policy.
Specops Password Policy adds the ability to meet the usability needs of end users while still enforcing complex password rules for accounts that require a stronger protection.
- Set any combination of password restrictions: lower case, upper case, digits, special characters
- Disallow user names in passwords, disallow words from word lists, etc
- Minimum password length
- Maximum password length
- Extended password complexity
- Password reset rules
- Different password expiration rules, commonly called password age, on each policy
- <11 languages supported in the end user password change dialog.
- Graphical Password Complexity meter
- Password History
- Disallow consecutive characters in password
- Dissallow incremental passwords
- Disable account lockout
- Automatically send password expiration e-mail
- Group Policy delegated security model
- Supports automation through Windows PowerShell or .NET
- Support for 64-bit Domain Controllers
- Support for Windows 2008 Server
- Support for Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)
- Integration with Specops Password Reset
- Additional password policy requirements; Regular expressions; Disallow backward words in wordlist; Disallow digit as last character
- New password expiration warning e-mail settings; Configurable sender; Exclude password policy requirements
- The administration tool contains a command-line utility (SPOBJMGR.EXE) that can be used to manage SPP sub-objects in Active Directory.